Paid $2.99 per gal for 100LL today!

ApacheBob

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
ApacheBob
I don’t know about you, but paying 299 per gallon for 100 low lead was a big event for me! They have it at the self-serve pumps at Quad City airport, KMLI. I waited for a Cessna 172 from Lake Elmo Minnesota to fill up. Good luck on your commercial checkride, Summer! The pump is different than the one at Stark County Airport. You have to hit the red stop pump button in order to get a receipt.

Yup, I just tanked up with about 73 gallons the other day at $2.99 as well. Haven't seen it that low since about 2005. Lowest I remember back then was $2.10... And while the $2.99 this week was self serve at KBUU (uncontrolled), the $2.10 back then was out of the truck at the FBO at KMSN (class C).

There are two airports in central/north Florida at $2.60 now.

I don’t know about you, but paying 299 per gallon for 100 low lead was a big event for me! They have it at the self-serve pumps at Quad City airport, KMLI. I waited for a Cessna 172 from Lake Elmo Minnesota to fill up. Good luck on your commercial checkride, Summer! The pump is different than the one at Stark County Airport. You have to hit the red stop pump button in order to get a receipt.

You don't know how shocking that really is. I did my initial training at MLI back in 2000. The GA community on field was constantly begging the airport authority for SS fuel pump because Elliot (the only FBO on field) was charging tenants full retail transient prices. Sure MLI is a Class C, but it's not like it's a super active Class C. MLI's fuel prices were comparable to Chicago or St. Louis perimeter fuel prices. Sounds like they finally got enough noise generated to get the tank farm installed after all. I bet Clinton, IA up the river saw a sharp decline in fuel purchases when the MLI tank farm went in.

Back