Paging N5288T

HPNPilot1200

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
I was recently visiting DXR Tower this morning and was talking with the two guys up there answering some of my questions when I saw Gil's Cessna 172--N5288T pop up on the DBRITE display (see the attached picture).

Originally N90 (NY TRACON) had '88T having a destination of DXR and handed him off to DXR Tower, but a few moments later, the TRACON controller overrided the local controller in Tower and told him his destination was actually HPN, not DXR. I think the NY controller had it mixed up for a few moments there...

Hope you had a nice flight, Gil! It was interesting to see '88T on the other side; the scope side.

Jason

Attachments

• N5288T.jpg
    N5288T.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Hi Jason,
Nice to know someone's looking out for me! I've gotten used to those mixed ups. When was this? I was doing some air work yesterday in the practice area between the DXR's delta airspace and the approach course to HPN Rwy 16 ILS over the Croton reservoir. I also flew from Wyndham, CT (IJD) to HPN last April 30th, that put me close to DXR on my way to HPN. Hey, those are very cool pictures you posted. Keep them coming. When are we going flying? :yes: Take Care!
Gil

TeenDoc said:
Hi Jason,
Nice to know someone's looking out for me! I've gotten used to those mixed ups. When was this? I was doing some air work yesterday in the practice area between the DXR's delta airspace and the approach course to HPN Rwy 16 ILS over the Croton reservoir. I also flew from Wyndham, CT (IJD) to HPN last April 30th, that put me close to DXR on my way to HPN. Hey, those are very cool pictures you posted. Keep them coming. When are we going flying? :yes: Take Care!
Gil

Hi Gil,

This was Saturday afternoon around 1PM. I now understand what the situation was after reading your post.

When do you want to go flying? Where do you want to go? I'll take you up on the offer anytime! :yes:;) As the weather gets nicer, there are plenty of destinations available.

Let's fly soon,
Jason

Back