Paging Dr. Bruce. Dr. Bruce to the white phone, please.

Rigged4Flight

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Rigged4Flight
I'm sure it's around here somewhere, but does anyone have Dr. Chien's email address?

Ah - google to the rescue. Please disregard the request, I found it. :redface:

You know... there are web bots lurking out there, sneakily harvesting email addresses from message boards. Poor Doc B. is going to be getting spammed into oblivion if we keep posting his email addy all over the place.

-Rich

You know... there are web bots lurking out there, sneakily harvesting email addresses from message boards. Poor Doc B. is going to be getting spammed into oblivion if we keep posting his email addy all over the place.

-Rich
I tend to agree with you, but he does list his email address on his web site. :dunno:

I tend to agree with you, but he does list his email address on his web site. :dunno:

I haven't checked his site to see how he makes his email address render. But in the interest of promoting thread drift, I've been using this absurdly simple JavaScript to render email addresses while foiling web bots for about 15 years. It still works, amazingly enough.

Code:
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"><!--
  var name = "user_name";
  var domain = "domain.tld";
  document.write('<a href=\"mailto:' + name + '@' + domain + '\">');
  document.write(name + '@' + domain + '</a>');
// --></script>

I really prefer spam-filtering PHP contact forms, which I have down to a science these days; but I use the above when a client insists on having a visible link to their email address.

-Rich

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back