Paging Dr. B!

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
Hello Dr. Bruce

A friend of mine, a 99, has oodles of ratings, even a helicopter one. She recently had an accident with her dog that did terrible things to one of her eyes. Luckily it was already the bad eye. They were playing around when the accident happened.

Her good eye is fine - 20-20.

Nonetheless, the FAA turned down her medical. She is appealing.

I would be extremely grateful if I could give her your email address and let her ask you questions so you can do your magic.

Many thanks.

Beth

There are one-eyed pilots. She need to get a SODA. The Sawbones will tell you the details . . . :D:D

The AME has no choice -- binocular vision is a hard requirement for standard issuance. She needs to contact the FSDO to arrange for a monocular vision special medical flight test. No big deal, happens all the time, but you have to go through the hoops, and the AME should know how to make it happen.

See PMs. Also PM me her email so I can let the SPAM filter down for that email address. I've got 'em cranked up for the election season, two years ago I gave some $$s to the local repub. congressional guy who was getting clobbered with Cook Count money, and I just got tired of the email assault.

I have that very SODA. It is not a hard ride, at all.

And BTW, Dr. Bruce helped me to prepare for that SODA!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back