Padlock

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
B849C6F1-87E0-477D-9383-F75F2D9FBD26.jpeg Is this worth anything? (Not saying where it came from.)

I don’t know, but I bet it came from the American Lock Company.

I did a Google search, and found an identical lock and package on Reddit, purportedly from Ebay, stated to have been manufactured in 1987. This lock was, um... acquired in 1986. Or maybe even 1985.

But you knew that.*

*I was replying to Eman.

Is it worth anything? Worth as value is in the eye of the beholder. A classic like this, to a veteran who had four of them (keyed alike, mind you) might represent the locks on his weapons case on deployments from Desert Storm through today.

For others, it may represent just another toy that has been mastered in their locksmithing journey.

I would give $5 shipped for it.

Is it worth anything? Worth as value is in the eye of the beholder. A classic like this, to a veteran who had four of them (keyed alike, mind you) might represent the locks on his weapons case on deployments from Desert Storm through today.

For others, it may represent just another toy that has been mastered in their locksmithing journey.

I would give $5 shipped for it.

Heh, yeah, I wouldn't take it. It's not for sale. It has special memories for me, and getting a brand new, out of the shipping container GI issue lock for free has special value. I mean, I would rather it had been an 1911 or new issue M16A1.

Back