Packing for Gaston's 2K10

flygirl34q

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
-
OK... so has anyone started to think about what they are going to wear?? I mean, beyond the obvious... o-fficial Gaston's tank top, jeans, shorts and T-shirts, swimwear, a windbreaker in case it rains some, something casual but elegant for Saturday dining out, and fabulous (but casual)footwear?? Christopher has already given me "that look" about a matching purse for each outfit. :skeptical: He always tells me that I overpack for vacations! :yikes: Blah... shopping opportunities appear to be limited in the vicinity of 3M0... so no rushing out to the mall at the last minute for just the right accessory. It's always tough going somewhere for the first time... you never know what exactly to bring besides the basics!

OK now I have to rethink by decision not to go this year, just to see what Lynn means by that.

Joe

You might bring an accessorized sweat-rag for each day's activities.

OK... so has anyone started to think about what they are going to wear?? I mean, beyond the obvious... o-fficial Gaston's tank top, jeans, shorts and T-shirts, swimwear, a windbreaker in case it rains some, something casual but elegant for Saturday dining out, and fabulous (but casual)footwear?? Christopher has already given me "that look" about a matching purse for each outfit. :skeptical: He always tells me that I overpack for vacations! :yikes: Blah... shopping opportunities appear to be limited in the vicinity of 3M0... so no rushing out to the mall at the last minute for just the right accessory. It's always tough going somewhere for the first time... you never know what exactly to bring besides the basics!

Don't think too hard...my advis6...if its comfortable and lightweight, throw it in...if in doubt, leave it out...:yesnod::eek:

ill have to remember my floppy hat...

Shorts, t-shirts, hats, socks, skimpy swimsuit.

"Dressing-up," Gaston's style, means wearing shoes.

Gaston's is 'come as you are'; the ultimate in relaxed vacations!
Joe, try to come!
One thing I always forget is a second pr of shoes...seems I always get a soaker somehow.
Broadbrim hat if you have one and can stand them (I never could; baseball cap for me).
sunblock tickspray chapstix
I always like when folks post a sheet on their glareshield saying something about the plane, who owns or brought it, from where etc

" dress code for Sat dinner"

(hadda do it, Dave...)

There's a Wal-Mart (of course!) and others in Mountain Home.

Make sure you bring a warm jacket for those cool nights. :no: :D

Lynn, how much useful load DOES that Archer have???

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

LOL, Greg... 973 pounds at last W and B! :D But remember... I have a significant weight advantage on most other pilots... so more room for clothes and shoes! :smile:

I am packing nothing. Four years of being miserable in the heat was enough for me. Last year I spent most of the time in the cabin. I can do that here.

Since I had to have clothes for skool (where I am now) and Gastons I packed two bags. :rofl:

Don't worry Tony, I'm leaving my skool stuff in my car...

Sunblock. Bug spray. Alcohol. Cookies. Water. Bikini. In that order.

My wife is bringing 3 shorts, 3 shirts, swimsuit, and a pair of flip flops.

I'm just bringin' my wife! (and kids and dog, I guess...)

(When we run out of clothes, it's Nekkid Time!!)

Since I had to have clothes for skool (where I am now) and Gastons I packed two bags. :rofl:

Don't worry Tony, I'm leaving my skool stuff in my car...

So -- taking the twin cessna to Gaston's? If you are, can I tag along? Can't offer to share the fuel bill, but will bring brownies.

Best be prepared, Dave.

You might want to Fedex your wardrobe, just in case.

I'm pretty sure anything West TX Business Casual, i.e., no splits in the crotch, will be fine.:rofl:

Someone say dress code for Sat dinner

So now we know "the rest of the story" about the dog. :rofl:

I am packing nothing. Four years of being miserable in the heat was enough for me. Last year I spent most of the time in the cabin. I can do that here.

One of the locals told me that his missus does her gardening with no underwear. She says it's cooler and eliminates the problem of gnats in her eyes.

Well dang. This is not much notice, you know.

:rofl:

One of the locals told me that his missus does her gardening with no underwear. She says it's cooler and eliminates the problem of gnats in her eyes.

Yeah... I might have to pass up on Gaston's now... for the sake of my eyesight and sanity...

oh yea i need to bake cookies this week!

I thought the rules stated they had to be cooked using an on-site oven.....:nono:

i didnt know there were rules. are you just trying to make kathleen feel better about her carbon biscuits? :)

Both AR and MO have reciprocal CHL agreements with TX.

i didnt know there were rules. are you just trying to make kathleen feel better about her carbon biscuits? :)
lmfao
n1275540023_30055450_8699.jpg

You can never bring enough alcohol and water, but you can (and probably will) bring too many clothes.

One set of clothes per day will do the trick. Two if you want to change for dinner.

Y'all have fun, I'll be in Canada, eh!

Well, I will admit that I completely over-packed and brought way more clothes than I needed. And then I bought a new purse in the gift shop. I can shop anywhere and find something fabulous. It's a gift, you know.

100_2543.jpg

There was plenty of alcohol there and lots of water too. We were Really HOT every day and the poker run on Saturday was unbelievable, but I did win $60.00 for third place! :) That just about covered our costs for playing and also for riding Steve's steak bus to Colton's for dinner. :thumbsup: I came back with a nice tan and Christopher's cookies seemed to go over pretty well! I was even blessed by the weather gods this morning who made it possible for Christopher to fly us home and I am ready for the next fly-in. So, where are we going??

I can shop anywhere and find something fabulous. It's a gift, you know.
I am ready for the next fly-in. So, where are we going??

Well, according to the top of the page, that would be 6y9.

Bring your formal wear.

Lots of upscale local shopping too.

Don't believe everything I type.

Back