pa32 vs cessna 206/210

GeorgeC

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
GeorgeC
I saw a couple of 1960s 210s with newer engines on barnstormers for 50-60k, got wondering what was wrong with them, since 206 prices seem to be double that. Then saw some Cherokee Sixes in the same price range. What gives?

Prob garbage or ramp rats.

If you do any grass strips, buy the Cezznas. The PA32 will do it, but the Cezznas do it better. More interior room in the PA32 though.

The 206 is higher priced because of their versatility and usefulness in revenue service. You really don’t see 210s serving in the same capacity, hence the lower prices.

The 206 is higher priced because of their versatility and usefulness in revenue service. You really don’t see 210s serving in the same capacity, hence the lower prices.

Which imo makes the 210 a better value to the recreational owner. Ditto for 172 prices vis a vis pretty much everything else a recreational owner could buy for the same mission.

Which imo makes the 210 a better value to the recreational owner. Ditto for 172 prices vis a vis pretty much everything else a recreational owner could buy for the same mission.

Agree completely. The 210 should be more fuel efficient and a better buy for the recreational pilot/owner.

I’ve flown both long range and wound up buying a pa32.

The 210 was faster but loading stuff into the 6 is a lot easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

206's are more widely used for working planes which drives the prices up. Early 210's had several issues and smaller engines than later ones which keeps the values down.

Back