PA32 down near Bakersfield

just very very sad!!

I did most of my PPL training in Bakersfield and Tehachapi area, actually my house was not far from the crash site. Never thought such a horrible event could occur.

We should not make judgment calls. I can not imagine being in such situation with 3 little kids in the back seat.

Hopefully will learn from it and think more clearly if one of us ends up in similar situation.

FYI, they weren't little kids. The son was a CAP cadet at RHV Squadron 36, so he must have been at least 12. Probably pretty close to 12, as he was a Cadet Airman (entry level). Dad was a 2d Lt with only general emergency services qualification, so he was probably new, too. I might have met them, but I don't think so.

Believe me, there is a lot of consternation about that in the local CAP community. It didn't help that we all got alerted for another PA32 crash yesterday, near Oakland.

Let's just go with 'weather' being one of the main factors, besides backing up to the idea of taking off or continuing the flight in deteriorating conditions.

I don't need to listen to the audio, this picture of the family is enough.

How do you know it's a "main" condition?

It was A condition, but for all you know, the crash was caused by something else entirely.

How do you know it's a "main" condition?

It was A condition, but for all you know, the crash was caused by something else entirely.

Lots of mention of weather by other pilots, the controller, and the accident pilot himself, just going with likely odds. Yes, maybe he just had a heart attack.

I hoped such a horrible event would never occur.

FTFY

Flying with family...this would be your worse case scenario, which you should think about so you can avoid it.

Last edited:
FTFY

Flying with family...this would be your worse case scenario, which you should think about so you can avoid it.

Reminds me of the Kansas family of 6 in PIlatus over Florida, 4 younger children, in that case AP failure of some kind started chain of events.

Dad was a 2d Lt with only general emergency services qualification, so he was probably new, too.

I don't know when he joined, but he was the public affairs officer, the recruiting/retention officer, and an assistant operations officer for the squadron since January.

I don't know when he joined, but he was the public affairs officer, the recruiting/retention officer, and an assistant operations officer for the squadron since January.

And that's your squadron…. I hope everyone is coping OK over there. I know Sq 36 canceled their glider rides over this incident.

We sent our chaplain over there on Tuesday to help. She's extraordinary; I hope the locals took advantage.

And that's your squadron…. I hope everyone is coping OK over there. I know Sq 36 canceled their glider rides over this incident.

We sent our chaplain over there on Tuesday to help. She's extraordinary; I hope the locals took advantage.

I've been under the weather, so I didn't go. I'm bad with names, but I recognize him from the photo posted above.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back