PA-34 Crash in Orange Beach Alabama

Boy, they're sure lucky. That wreckage looks mangled...

Looks like the pilot flew all the way intomthe crash, or they wouldn't have been walking around uninjured when the Fire Dept. got there.

Any idea what that piece is stuck way up there in that tree?

Looks like the pilot flew all the way intomthe crash, or they wouldn't have been walking around uninjured when the Fire Dept. got there.

Looks like a chunk of wing with some flaps on the back.

Glad to see everyone walked away.

Looks like a chunk of wing with some flaps on the back.

No. It's a portion of the stabilator with a sizeable portion of the anti-servo tab still attached.

Real nice dissipation of energy and presumably no impaling objects through the cockpit. Well done and lucky indeed. It be interesting to know the reason for coming down. Certainly tempers the enthusiasm to own a turbo twin, especially if the mission is over survivable land. Luckily we have the pilot and pax surviving so we'll be able to get an on-point narrative much quicker than waiting on the NTSB to shake their 2-year slow 8-ball where all sides have "pilot error" written on it.

On my way back from Pensacola yesterday the ATC guy was yacking back and forth with a plane about this accident. It was obvious these two guys knew each other and they both knew the pilot of the PA34. However, I was astonished at the radio time these two were using up discussing the accident. Felt like I was back home listening to the Unicom.

No. It's a portion of the stabilator with a sizeable portion of the anti-servo tab still attached.

Real nice dissipation of energy and presumably no impaling objects through the cockpit. Well done and lucky indeed. It be interesting to know the reason for coming down. Certainly tempers the enthusiasm to own a turbo twin, especially if the mission is over survivable land. Luckily we have the pilot and pax surviving so we'll be able to get an on-point narrative much quicker than waiting on the NTSB to shake their 2-year slow 8-ball where all sides have "pilot error" written on it.
I was guessing at wing. The leading edge looked to big to be tail feathers.

Dual engine failure, no fire, I wonder if this was caused by the most obvious reason...

On my way back from Pensacola yesterday the ATC guy was yacking back and forth with a plane about this accident. It was obvious these two guys knew each other and they both knew the pilot of the PA34. However, I was astonished at the radio time these two were using up discussing the accident. Felt like I was back home listening to the Unicom.

Sometimes very late at night I will flip through frequencies on the #2 comm. I have come across some very interesting conversations.....

Esp after midnight. ;)

One conversation I came across, two planes possibly repositioning for the next day. One guy was bad mouthing the company. I mean seriously bad mouthing. I mean he was not holding back.

After several minutes he stopped. I could not resist. I clicked on, "Other people can hear you, ya know..".

Total silence.

Back