PA-28R-200 down at KJRB

didn't see signs of fire in the photos. Wondered what that liquid on the asphalt was water or Fuel!!
Glad they walked away looks like a pretty violent upset

didn't see signs of fire in the photos. Wondered what that liquid on the asphalt was water or Fuel!!
Glad they walked away looks like a pretty violent upset

They caught a post on the way down and tore a wing off....the fire was about 50ft from where they stopped.

Note where the black spot is.....

crash3_zps4trhti7s.jpg

Didn't notice the black spot, possibly where the torn off wing puked it's contents?

Still a pretty healthy roll and upset.

Didn't notice the black spot, possibly where the torn off wing puked it's contents?

Still a pretty healthy roll and upset.

Yep, that's the advantage to nice intercept angles and fuel in the wings, it helps separate the cabin from the fire.

At least till the right wing stays attached and pukes it fuel blocking the easier exit.

I keep telling myself to get something that will break the Plexiglas on the pilot side if needed.

At least till the right wing stays attached and pukes it fuel blocking the easier exit.

I keep telling myself to get something that will break the Plexiglas on the pilot side if needed.

Your foot, kicking heel to the center as you lay on the seat will get that window out of your way. The only tool I can think to help would be a heavy, sharp, blade to score it with first.

Adrenalin might take control but no idea if I have the strength for that or the flexibility. One thing is for sure if I got a charlie horse in one of my legs I could push the aluminum fuselage out of the way.

I don't think one of those glass hammers will do much punkins on plexiglass.

Food for thought. I've never thought about it much. With my two doors, if I remember to pop them before a forced landing, we should be o.k. But I would like to have something to hammer a window out or just all around hammer the **** out of something.

It makes a person wonder just how much force would it take to pop a side window or the windscreen in these aircraft.

I don't think one of those glass hammers will do much punkins on plexiglass.

Food for thought. I've never thought about it much. With my two doors, if I remember to pop them before a forced landing, we should be o.k. But I would like to have something to hammer a window out or just all around hammer the **** out of something.

It makes a person wonder just how much force would it take to pop a side window or the windscreen in these aircraft.

The little ones are useless, the 32oz spike peen (or ball peen) dead blows will work well, however swing room inside is a problem in small planes, they are more for getting it done from outside.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back