PA-28R-180 Owner's Manual

jsstevens

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
jsstevens
I'm looking for a source for an owner's manual for the PA-28R-180 (I think it's a 1966). I know that predates the POH. Our club is getting one on leaseback and I'm planning to get my complex endorsement in it.

I've done web searches and have turned up an 8 page .pdf with speeds etc. but not really any other info like checklists, etc.

Any ideas?
John

I'm looking for a source for an owner's manual for the PA-28R-180 (I think it's a 1966). I know that predates the POH. Our club is getting one on leaseback and I'm planning to get my complex endorsement in it.

I've done web searches and have turned up an 8 page .pdf with speeds etc. but not really any other info like checklists, etc.

Any ideas?
John

I may have a photocopied version of something that I think may be about what you're looking for. I'll check when I get home...

1966???

Did they even have anything written back then that said more than, "Kick the tires, Light the fires, (and, oh, yeah, Buy Piper(Cessna/Beech/North American/Taylor/...))" ?

I just checked my bag and found an "Owner's Handbook" for a 67 Arrow-180 -- 51 pages (numbered -- maybe 60 total).
Says, "Additional copies of this manual, Part No. 753 750, may be obtained from your Piper Dealer."

Piper (and especially dealers) are not likely to have copies, but if you do search the internet, check for that part number. The pages on mine are dated July 3rd, 1967.

Is there something specific you need extracted? Else a bulk copy and transmit is going to take a bit.
Section I Specifications pp 1-3
Section II Design Information pp 5-17
Section III Operating Instructions pp 20-32
Section IV Performance Charts pp 33-39
Section V General Maintenance pp 40-48
Index 3 pages

Last edited:
There's not a POH for that airplane - that's before POH's became a standard. What you're looking for is the AFM - Airplane Flight Manual. Piper keeps all the AFM on microfiche (don't laugh) unless they handed everything over to Essco. The AFM is fairly brief, not much there, but that's the legal document - after all the mods and such are documented.

To start, go to the FAA website and get a copy of the TCDS

http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgMakeModel.nsf/0/21ae845820577b998625774d005339f2!OpenDocument&ExpandSection=1#_Section1

which will provide the W&B and CG limits as well as quite of bit of other interesting info.

Next, go get the details on the engine from Lycoming.

More important, the club should be getting the checklist and the AFM along with the leaseback - make a copy of it (it'll be a poor original from the 'fiche anyway) for your own use.

I just checked my bag and found an "Owner's Handbook" for a 67 Arrow-180 -- 51 pages (numbered -- maybe 60 total).
Says, "Additional copies of this manual, Part No. 753 750, may be obtained from your Piper Dealer."

Piper (and especially dealers) are not likely to have copies, but if you do search the internet, check for that part number. The pages on mine are dated July 3rd, 1967.

Is there something specific you need extracted? Else a bulk copy and transmit is going to take a bit.
Section I Specifications pp 1-3
Section II Design Information pp 5-17
Section III Operating Instructions pp 20-32
Section IV Performance Charts pp 33-39
Section V General Maintenance pp 40-48
Index 3 pages

What I'd need would be section I, III and IV. However there was a link above to the essco site which has the printed manual. I think I'll order that for $12.

Thanks, all! I'd googled all sorts of things related to PA-28R and didn't turn that up.

John

Back