p1l0t

p1l0t

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
p1l0t
Hi, new to the forum. Thought I would introduce myself.

Certificates/Ratings:

. Commercial/Instrument - ASEL, AMEL

. CFI-A

. CFII

Education:

. BS in Aviation Science from UVU. Major: Professional Pilot

. Currently working on a Master of Aeronautical Science from ERAU worldwide. Major: Space Studies

Work:

. Full time CNC Machinist

. Part time Flight Instructor

Experiance:

~1,000hrs Mostly in single-engine piston aircraft.

~ half of that is dual given

Goals:

With the conditions of the airlines right now its just too much to ask for too little money. Holding out for a local corporate gig (I know good luck right). I love teaching so I am in no rush, but I do want to fly jets someday. If I had unlimited $ I would just buy an Extra 300 or something and do aerobatics all day everyday.. but wouldn't we all? Next order of business: MEI and after that ATP. A good pilot is always learning!

Also a board member of http://43rdAviation.com collectively we own a Mooney M20J, Cardinal C-177B, and an Archer III.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well, Howdy!

Good to have you on board. Especially good to see someone who actually knows how to make something of substance (as opposed to all the money-grubbing, blood-sucking lawyers).

One of the things I machine are the foam cores for composite props. It feels good to hold something in your hand at the end of the day and say "I made this." I despise beauracracy. We made the cores for the X2.

Welcome to POA.

I know it doesn't "count" but my boyfriend is an engineer and CNC machinist and even has a CNC machine (Western 5252 router) in his garage. He programmed the router to make an aircraft dash panel for a guy with an older plane.

Welcome! I worked in the family company's machine shop for a bit. Good experience.

Well, Howdy!

Good to have you on board. Especially good to see someone who actually knows how to make something of substance (as opposed to all the money-grubbing, blood-sucking lawyers).
hehehe.... some Kettle v. Black humor... love it!

Welcome to POA.

I know it doesn't "count" but my boyfriend is an engineer and CNC machinist and even has a CNC machine (Western 5252 router) in his garage. He programmed the router to make an aircraft dash panel for a guy with an older plane.

Well sounds like you must know a thing a two about it!

Well sounds like you must know a thing a two about it!

If you live with a guy for years and years then yes - you get to know a lot about machine shops!

He manages a large (more than 100 employees) machine shop and the workers there. Pretty cool stuff, their CNCs are gigantic and complicated.... nothing like the router in the garage.

Welcome to the board. Do you do your instructing with the 43rd?

I know it's picky, but does this mean you also have CFI-A?

Yes. I took my CFI-A before my CFI-I. I should put that up there I guess.

Welcome to the board. Do you do your instructing with the 43rd?

I teach at one of the schools on the field, but I do new aircraft checkouts, BFRs, and stuff for the club members.

If you live with a guy for years and years then yes - you get to know a lot about machine shops!

He manages a large (more than 100 employees) machine shop and the workers there. Pretty cool stuff, their CNCs are gigantic and complicated.... nothing like the router in the garage.

Ours is just a little 6 man operation. But we do have some big complicated machines.

And thanks everyone else as well for the warm welcome! :cheers:

Welcome! I'm a fellow Wolverine slogging my way through the same syllabus you did.

Go Wolverines! The general eds are the hardest and always proctored. The core stuff is usually online/timed tests but open book and medium difficultly. Electives are easier, online, and no time limit. (typically) I learned quickly that its best to only do one general ed per semester and fill the rest with core/electives.

<---<^>--->

No, Utah Valley University in Orem, UT

<---<^>--->

Damn, I thought I met someone from my alma mater. I got a degree in anthropology and advanced cannibalism with a culinary arts minor.

Damn, I thought I met someone from my alma mater. I got a degree in anthropology and advanced cannibalism with a culinary arts minor.

Well at least your major wasn't Professional Pilot... I sure left myself much to fall back on..

<---<^>--->

Back