P&P Headset survey

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
So, has anyone else received an email from Plane & Pilot inviting them to participate in a research study on aviation headsets? First question was "Do you own or lease your own plane" and I answered "Neither" ... that was the end of the survey for me. However, in hindsight, is renting from an FBO considered "Leasing"?

gkainz said:
So, has anyone else received an email from Plane & Pilot inviting them to participate in a research study on aviation headsets? First question was "Do you own or lease your own plane" and I answered "Neither" ... that was the end of the survey for me. However, in hindsight, is renting from an FBO considered "Leasing"?
Interesting question...

I guess it's like cars -- you get one from Avis for a few days, that's rental. You get one for a term two or more years at a fixed monthly cost, that's a lease.

My subsciption to P&P expires in October, and will die a lasting and permanent death...

I let my subscription go last year - somehow it kept showing up. The eNewsletter keeps coming, as well.

What's wrong with P&P? Have they gone downhill or something? I let my scrip lapse quite a while ago, but was considering renewing. I always enjoyed the magazine.

Why do need to own a plane to use a headset?

It may be a scam. Maybe they want leads on aircraft owners.

Last edited:
Joe Williams said:
What's wrong with P&P? Have they gone downhill or something? I let my scrip lapse quite a while ago, but was considering renewing. I always enjoyed the magazine.
Joe, I have found it be increasingly less interesting over time, but also, they seem to make more and more factual errors. YMMV...

gkainz said:

I did the survey and IMO it was poorly done. There were 100 questions with many looking like subtle variations on prior questions. It got so tedious that I started picking "none of the above" whenever I could just to get through.

lancefisher said:
I did the survey and IMO it was poorly done. There were 100 questions with many looking like subtle variations on prior questions. It got so tedious that I started picking "none of the above" whenever I could just to get through.
I have been more pleased with the Professional Pilot and Business and Commercial Aviation surveys. They include pages upon pages of testimonials for each major headset brand in addition to including the survey statistics.

P&P...well, um...yeah. What Bob said. :dunno:

Jason

I didn't subscribe to P&P, but I started getting it when Private Pilot ceased publication. I won't renew. As others have noted, too many factual errors. I'm letting Aviation Safety and Aviation Consumer expire next month. I'm going to be down to AOPA Pilot and a couple aviation newspapers pretty soon. I don't really want to subscribe to Flying again. This is getting ugly.

I took the survey, figured worst case scenario I get more junk mail about aviation. I don't mind that so much.

Back