"Owners Manual" TV show

jdennis1989

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
jdennis1989
Has anyone else seen the previews for this new TV that is airing tomorrow? Apparently two guys are attempting to operate stuff for the first time, like a train, one just winging it and the other trying it after he read the owners manual. I saw a plane in the preview...... I smell another fake TV show. Any thoughts?

Hasn't Richard Hammond already done something like this?

My flight instructor and I were sitting on an airliner heading out to retrieve the Navion I bought reading the Navion flight manual.

My flight instructor and I were sitting on an airliner heading out to retrieve the Navion I bought reading the Navion flight manual.

This show is claiming that one guy will read the owners manual and fly a stunt plane, and the other will just wing it. How are they allowed to fly in the first place with no license, and even have a clue at knowing what they are doing.

Went to pick up a 172 for a friend and his wife was with me. Once we got in the air, I pulled out the manual to look something up. The look on her face was priceless. ;)

It's reality TV which means it's not real.

Actually one of the more interesting experiments in this was with blind comedian/actor Tom Sullivan. He had mastered golfing, driving a car, and a handful of other things. Barry Schiff took him up figuring perhaps Tom had developed some cues that would allow him to fly seat-of-the-pants style. It was a failure. Expect the aviation one to have a discretely placed pilot and camera man to avoid fatalities.

The stunt plane episode is on tonight. I will record it as required with any other aviation related show. :)

David

Back