Overwhelmed

Everyone I talked to prior to my instrument rating said it was the hardest rating to get. I did a home study course and got a 92 on the written. I flew with a local guy a couple of hours, then went to a 10 day one on one course. I was ready for checkride about 25 hours in. Once you have it in your mind, then confidence goes up rapidly. Getting actual IMC is, in my mind, a great thing. You'll get it, it just takes time and practice.
A good instructor is everything, I did not care for my instructor much, but we got the job done. It has now been a year and a half and I have flown zero IMC and only a couple of practice approaches. My personal plane just became IFR capable in late spring, I need an IPC, but I will wrap that into the required 3 hours with an instructor prior to my commercial checkride. One of these days I'll get that done.

Save some money get xplane and join pilotedge.net and do the vfr and ifr free training programs. Learning in the air is very inefficient in time and money..

Back