Overpriced 172?

I am working on my IFR rating at JA Air and was told they built this as their sales demo for avionics. They use it for demos and avionics trainings and I'm sure they are not actively trying to sell it.

Has to do with people believing more that the money they put into something has a 1 to 1 ratio on the value. When it comes to vehicles you might spend $60K restoring a 1967 Camero to end up with a car worth $35K.

Long story short that was part of the reason I was searching to begin with. We have a family member that informed us that they will be selling their 172M. I can't remember what the hours are on it but I guarantee it has not flown much since I moved away from it 10 months ago. It has a brand new interior, 430W and the engine has the 160HP STC. So I was just trying to get an idea of what a fair price would be for it and stumbled across the one linked.

Has to do with people believing more that the money they put into something has a 1 to 1 ratio on the value. When it comes to vehicles you might spend $60K restoring a 1967 Camero to end up with a car worth $35K.

Yeah that makes a lot more sense

1967 Camaro, only $149,999

590605402_1449777950205.jpg

I am working on my IFR rating at JA Air and was told they built this as their sales demo for avionics. They use it for demos and avionics trainings and I'm sure they are not actively trying to sell it.

Ding... As I said before. The price is set at 200 for a reason.

JA Air is prominent in the pics and descriptions... Maybe it's a cheap advertisement:)

Ding... As I said before. The price is set at 200 for a reason.

JA Air is prominent in the pics and descriptions... Maybe it's a cheap advertisement:)

Sounds like the airplanes where the wife says sell it and it's a $30k airplane priced at $300k just so he can say it's for sale but nobodys biting.

Considering that the airplane is registered to JA Aero, Inc... I think my theory is more plausible.

If someone wants to put that money into an airplane for their own enjoyment, I'm all for it. Hell I put plenty into mine with the interior, new wingtips, alternator conversion, strobes, etc. But it's mine and I HATED the ratted out interior that came with it and unreliable power from the generator. I put considerable value in my enjoyment of these things that I do not expect to recoup when I sell.

Back