Overnight stops from the south

CJones

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
uHaveNoIdea
We'll be flying up Monday. TBD on whether we'll go all the way in Monday evening or stage out somewhere and head in first thing Tues morning.

Looking for suggestions 1-2 hrs hours out to stop overnight. Looking for somewhere with easy access to hotel so we don't have to deal with setting up and tearing down camp for a short stop.

I was spoiled when I lived in Iowa - I was always 1-2 hours out. Now that we're farther away, we actually have to PLAN!?

We'll be flying up Monday. TBD on whether we'll go all the way in Monday evening or stage out somewhere and head in first thing Tues morning.

Looking for suggestions 1-2 hrs hours out to stop overnight. Looking for somewhere with easy access to hotel so we don't have to deal with setting up and tearing down camp for a short stop.

I was spoiled when I lived in Iowa - I was always 1-2 hours out. Now that we're farther away, we actually have to PLAN!?

Where are you starting?

You’re welcome to come to KLAF and I’ll take you back & forth to the hotel. Sent PM

We have the same problem coming up from Texas.

Prairie Du Chein, WI, located at the confluence of the Wisconsin and Mississippi Rivers, is a nice stop, with a couple of nondescript but decent hotels across the street from the FBO.

It's an easy flight into OSH from there.

We are headed that way in 48 hours, aiming to arrive in the North 40 on Thursday.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

For you and anyone else Ankeny (IKV) is doing some steep fuel discounts for Airventure.

If I went that far west I would be obligated to overnight with my in-laws in Marshalltown. Ha

You’re welcome to come to KLAF and I’ll take you back & forth to the hotel. Sent PM

Thanks. I'll keep that in my hip pocket and let you know if it looks like we'll head that way. Thanks for the offer!

Hotel shuttles are available at KMSN Madison, WI and KDLL Wisconsin Dells at least. KMKE too, though there won't be a GA-friendly FBO there until OSH23.

I'd offer you a ride if you flew into my home field, but I won't be there, I'll be at the show already! Hope to see you Tuesday evening for Jambalaya. :)

Back