Overnight Parking?

Not knowing about transient tie-downs costs would, in my mind, be a good indicator of a lack of experience. And why would somebody with experience flying a 421 have a better answer to the question. Are there special transient accommodations for 421s?

yes it can be rough here. But the OP Started with the question that he did, saying soon I may be getting into a high paying career. he did not start with I want to learn to fly a high performance twin. how can I start? Here are my flying credentials.

Not jealous or angry as you suggest. I just feel that there is an incremental process to learning to fly safely.

People search for the answer that they want to hear, Ignoring the rest.

perhaps he doesn’t have your vast experience. But it was his very first post.

no one bothered to ask him what his experience level was; many simply started to pile on.

you are correct. Experience must be earned, and learned. However, he’ll be far more likely to ask the questions he needs to ask and have answered if people cut him a little slack. Otherwise, he will ignore the rest.

Not knowing about transient tie-downs costs would, in my mind, be a good indicator of a lack of experience. And why would somebody with experience flying a 421 have a better answer to the question. Are there special transient accommodations for 421s?

Considering that larger aircraft such as cabin class twins often have higher parking/handling fees than the typical Cherokee or 172, I think the OP may be better suited hearing from operators of similar airplanes if he's seeking more specific knowledge rather than just a general idea.

How much does it cost?
The most I’ve ever paid for a hangar was $200 a night for a DA40… the least was $20/night (but this FBO manager is my guy)

The most I’ve ever paid for a hangar was $200 a night for a DA40… the least was $20/night (but this FBO manager is my guy)

uh, WHAT? there must be a story to a $200/night hangar....like the hangar came with h00kers n blow or something like that......also, I don't think u own, so you paid two hundy to hangar a rental? I gotta hear this.......

uh, WHAT? there must be a story to a $200/night hangar....like the hangar came with h00kers n blow or something like that......also, I don't think u own, so you paid two hundy to hangar a rental? I gotta hear this.......
All I’ll say is SheltAir @ BJC ;)

I see you've never been stuck at a northern New Jersey $ignature with nasty icy weather coming in and an early am departure planned....

Signature at HPN $150, hangar not included.

I see you've never been stuck at a northern New Jersey $ignature with nasty icy weather coming in and an early am departure planned....

I was 'stuck' in jersey for 18 years lol.....but no, I haven't been stuck somewhere with forecasted nasty weather, and def haven't been stuck paying $200/night, mostly because my preflight planning would have me avoiding both of those. I mean, I guess sht can happen, but no, that's crazy.

Does NJ have self-service fuel? I'm wondering if they don't trust pilots to fill their tanks like they don't auto drivers.

Does NJ have self-service fuel? I'm wondering if they don't trust pilots to fill their tanks like they don't auto drivers.
They do have self serve avgas. It cracked me up when I first started as a student. The full serve requirement is really a jobs program, but they used to pitch it as a safety thing; drivers couldn't be expected to handle the complexities of fueling a car; only the highly trained :)rolleyes:) professional attendants could master the craft.

But crawling up on a wing dragging a hose to dispense hundred octane leaded? No Problem!

Wow. This thread is a perfect example of everything that has become wrong with POA. There was a time when you could post a question and get respectful and informative responses from people who cared about helping other pilots.

Wow. This thread is a perfect example of everything that has become wrong with POA. There was a time when you could post a question and get respectful and informative responses from people who cared about helping other pilots.
There was a time when people had common sense and and didn’t run to their safe space when caring pilots cautioned others that just because you can doesn’t mean you should.

Last edited:
Back