Overheard on the radio yesterday...

BrianR

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
BrianR
Flying between Carroll County, MD and Newburgh NY, a jump plane on frequency: "One minute to drop and....uhhh...well, they all just left the airplane, so I guess I meant jumpers away."

It was quite a few seconds before the controller could stop laughing long enough to respond.

Flying between Carroll County, MD and Newburgh NY, a jump plane on frequency: "One minute to drop and....uhhh...well, they all just left the airplane, so I guess I meant jumpers away."

It was quite a few seconds before the controller could stop laughing long enough to respond.

Wonder if they landed on the airport:lol:

That's funny stuff! One of the sky diving outfits near me uses the call sign "Jumper Dumper." I get a kick out of that every time I here them on Frequency.

I was listening to CVG approach vector a king air around MWO recently, while reading back the vector the pilot asked the reason the control responded "skydiver would make a lousy hood ornament"

Pilot chuckled in agreement.

He should have added, "If you want, I'll go see if I can get them all to get back in as long as I don't have to call the Tower when I land!"

Back