Overhead join of pattern question (now with photo of page)

I passed my exams, finally got my MED in order, but weather has been socked in every day since :)

So I have been checking my home airport AD listing. Seems the overhead join would have to be somewhat changed anyway as I see that crossing the centerline of either runway can only be done 2 NM out or more.

So it isn't allowed here anyway to cross the end of the runway as shown in the diagram.

But that led me to another thing I need to clear up. Since I haven't seen my CFI for a time now thought I'd just ask here. The pattern altitude (again from Pooleys meant for UK) is usually listed as AAL (above aerodrome level) as I understand it. Usually 1000 ft. AAL. But at my airport it is only listed in ft. And is 1500'.

Airport elev. is 354 ft. It seems to me then that they actually mean altitude 1500 ft. Which puts the pattern height above the airport at 1146 ft AAL. Can one safely assume when they don't specify above aerodrome height that they mean altitude (with QNH set) ? Do many places do this?

From the AD
"Left hand circling pattern at 1500 FT is standard. However, right hand pattern and DCT to final can be done when causing no conflict with other TFC. This means that TFC in landing pattern has priority to TFC on long final, and TFC in left hand pattern has priority to TFC in right hand pattern. Do not cross extended CL less than 2 NM from AD."

Back