Oval Bumper Stickers

HPNPilot1200

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
For some strange/odd reason, I had the idea today of creating a custom oval bumper sticker with my home airport's ICAO/IATA identifier and corrisponding airport name underneath, similar to how many popular location's have theirs:

44624206_240x240_F.jpg

Does anyone know where one of these could be custom-created?

Any help is appreciated,
Jason

HPNPilot1200 said:
For some strange/odd reason, I had the idea today of creating a custom oval bumper sticker with my home airport's ICAO/IATA identifier and corrisponding airport name underneath, similar to how many popular location's have theirs:

44624206_240x240_F.jpg

Does anyone know where one of these could be custom-created?

Any help is appreciated,
Jason

You have a printer, I presume? Make them yourself using sticker paper.

It'll be cheaper than the alternative.

Jason, you can use laminating mylar (sticky on one side) pushed through a bubble jet printer. Works nicely!

SkyHog said:
You have a printer, I presume? Make them yourself using sticker paper.

It'll be cheaper than the alternative.

Good idea, Nick. I don't mind paying a couple of bucks to get it professionally made though. :redface:

I also don't have the time to make the thing in photoshop, which was the motive of my initial question.

Regards,
jason

If you order from a sticker print house, the min order will be in the neighborhood of 500 - 1,000.

wsuffa said:
If you order from a sticker print house, the min order will be in the neighborhood of 500 - 1,000.
Quick, I need everyone here to change their home base to HPN!!! Just kidding, maybe I'm better off just doing it myself then.

I found you can do it on cafepress.com for pretty cheap, but I don't know what the size of the label is and therefore, don't know how big an image file I should upload to it nor the font to use in that image. Here's a link to that product.

Make it simple and BIIIG. They'll probably reduce it to fit, and you'll be fine then.

Those sign stores all over the place can also make stickers. I used them when I needed to make custom decals for model rockets I was building. They were pretty cheap and would do small volume orders. Most of the places are franchises and it depends on what they feeligns are of the mom and pop running it.

Open up your own "store" at CafePress. They have blank oval stickers that you can put anything you like on.

Like this one.

Oops..now I see Jason already found them. ;)

Jason, they have a pretty good help section to help you figure image sizes and formats. Check it out here.

Last edited:
ausrere said:
Open up your own "store" at CafePress. They have blank oval stickers that you can put anything you like on.

Like this one.

Oops..now I see Jason already found them. ;)

Jason, they have a pretty good help section to help you figure image sizes and formats. Check it out here.
Hi Lisa,

I opened a shop just before you posted, how ironic. Here's a link: http://www.cafepress.com/airportsticker

The only problem is that they want me to upgrade to a "premium shop" before I can add more than one of each type of product (Oval Sticker) which essentially means that only one airport ID can be added as an oval sticker at one time.

I came up with this, which doesn't look all that bad:
68436458v5_240x240_F.jpg

Thanks for all the help, all!! :yes:

Last edited:
Back