Outstanding Show

vkhosid

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
94V
I'm sure a lot of you guys have seen or heard about this before, but I was bored and browing around my amazon account and happened to come across a show called, "The Aviators". They're short 20-30 minute episodes and are VERY entertaining to watch. For those that haven't seen or heard of it, I HIGHLY recommend checking it out. If you have amazon prime, seasons 1-3 are free...

If you've seen it before, what do you think?

I like them. There were a bunch for free on hulu a while back IIRC.

They seem to reuse a lot of the footage from previous episodes and mix it in with new stuff. But overall, I think the show is very well done. They have enough, "wow, look at that cool airplane" for people that aren't pilots, but also enough content to keep pilots and those in the know (for lack of a better phrase) entertained as well.

I've watched them all and overall enjoyed it. Sometimes they take one story line and stretch it out to 2-3 episodes... but that would be my only complaint.

They're loosely associated with both Canadian broadcasting and PBS here. If you're lucky, your local PBS affiliate will air them once in a while instead of the 400th re-run of Rick Steves walking around Europe.

(No butthurt on Rick's stuff, it's fine and he does a good job conveying some history along with walking around places most folks will never go, but the affiliates know how popular the dude is and overplay him to death around here. And we have TWO PBS stations in this market.)

Back