Outage Notice - PoA Offline 2/15/2008 - NOON EST

Greebo

N9017H - C172M (1976)
Display Name

Display name:
Retired Evil Overlord
Pilots of America will be off-line starting at or around Noon, tomorrow, February 15, 2008, for approximately one hour.

The purpose of the downtime is to migrate final web and data updates to our new host provider (Jesse), and to switch PoA operations to the new servers.

Jesse has taken steps to ensure that, unlike when Greebo did the last change, users will NOT be unable to see the new server for an extended period of time. Instead, the server switch should happen nearly instantaneously, Sometime between when we shut down PoA for the migration and reopen it, the server info will change, and you'll never even notice. :)

Thank you for your patience as we continue to evolve, and as always, thank you for landing at Pilots of America!

Greebo
PoA Management Council

Jesse has taken steps to ensure that, unlike when Greebo did the last change, users will NOT be unable to see the new server for an extended period of time. Instead, the server switch should happen nearly instantaneously, Sometime between when we shut down PoA for the migration and reopen it, the server info will change, and you'll never even notice. :)
Oohh one should never say stuff like that! You'll make the computer gods come down from their perch above Redmond and smite you down!

Thank you for your patience as we continue to evolve,
PoA Management Council
¡Viva La Evolución!

Oohh one should never say stuff like that! You'll make the computer gods come down from their perch above Redmond and smite you down!

Quite possibly.

But as the now EX Technical Administrator and speaking as a member of the PHB group (ie: Management), it's my job to make Jesse's life a living hell. :D

Quite possibly.

But as the now EX Technical Administrator and speaking as a member of the PHB group (ie: Management), it's my job to make Jesse's life a living hell. :D

Turnabout's fair play! :D

But, Jesse being Jesse, I am guessing it will go very smoothly.

See you on the other side...

There will be no change to email at this time. We have that service with GoDaddy paid for for the next year.

Hey, so my flights got canceled today. Any chance you could postpone until tomorrow when I'll be at work all day? :dunno::yes::rofl:

Hey, you had advance notice. We're not changing our plans just cause you didn't think ahead!
:p

Hey, you had advance notice. We're not changing our plans just cause you didn't think ahead!
:p

Hey, it's not my fault our prop governor broke! I just thought maybe you could help me out, since we're all a family here. I see how it is though. :mad:

:goofy::goofy::goofy:

When you see this notice:
"Pilots of America is currently offline as an inconvenience to 'smigaldi' and 'teller1900'. Just as soon as they've gotten good and frustrated, we'll be back."

You'll know why. :)

OK - all done. Scott? Teller? You guys make it through ok? ;)

A few chest pains and a mild panic attack when I hit "New Posts," but I think I'll make it through. But only just! :goofy:Nicely done, all.

It was close. I was at a loss as to what to do, but I am fine now. Thankfully I was able to post elsewhere. :D:D

A few chest pains and a mild panic attack when I hit "New Posts," but I think I'll make it through. But only just! :goofy:Nicely done, all.

LMAO! :goofy: Me, too! I almost hadda do real work there for a second!

(Actually the change happened while I was working. Didn't neven notice.)

BTW, there is an RSS feed for POA, right? What's the URL look like? Could save us from pushing new posts all the time. Sounds like one of my deals. Fix the problem and then stop causing the problem you fixed.

So far it seems to be working faster on a dial-up connection (yeah, I'm handicapped this week) than it did previously on a high speed connection. Nice job!

There is no doubt in my mind that the servers' running like lightning right now.

This, however, was also true of the old host when we first moved.

What's different now is we have a Tech Admin who can figure out, when it starts to slow down, WHY its slowing down, and address it.

Cause I shore as hell couldn't...

There is no doubt in my mind that the servers' running like lightning right now.

This, however, was also true of the old host when we first moved.

What's different now is we have a Tech Admin who can figure out, when it starts to slow down, WHY its slowing down, and address it.

Cause I shore as hell couldn't...

I think we're doing pretty good. No slow down yet :)

Back