Out with the new ...

Ken Ibold

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ken Ibold
So I may be crazy, but today I officially sold the airplane in the background, and bought the airplane in the foreground. And on Friday the 13th, no less.

Attachments

• Airplanes.JPG
    Airplanes.JPG
    411 KB · Views: 109
Ken Ibold said:
So I may be crazy, but today I officially sold the airplane in the background, and bought the airplane in the foreground. And on Friday the 13th, no less.

What a sexy bird Ken. What next, an Extra?

Cheers,

-Andrew

Ken Ibold said:
Beautiful! Congratulations Ken! Will 4AC be staying at CRG?

Ken Ibold said:
Crazy? Nah. Seems sane to me :yes:

Well, except for the friday the 13th part...

Ken Ibold said:

DO NOT TELL DIANA!!! :rofl:

The only problem I see if that there appears to be only one seat... how do you expect to give me a ride with only one seat? :D Man, what a cool airplane.

-Missa

Missa said:
The only problem I see if that there appears to be only one seat... how do you expect to give me a ride with only one seat? :D Man, what a cool airplane.

-Missa
Appearances would be deceiving. 2-seater.

Attachments

• HPIM1507.JPG
    HPIM1507.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 61
Cool!!! Congrats Ken.

Ken Ibold said:

OOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Bringing her to Gastons??? Can I get in line for a ride now???? :goofy:

Missa

Well Ken Congrats, and i'll add i'd rather own a Pitts then a citabra anyday.

Dave G

Bill Jennings said:
Ok, wise guy, for those of us not real familiar with the breed, A or B?
I'll let Ken explain. I think it's between an A and a B. An "A prime?"

Awesome Ken,

I think there was a slight comment to me in an earlier thread. Something about a ride at Gastons, haha!

Congrats,

Ken:

This seems kinna sudden. Did I miss the posts where you talked about trading planes for awhile :rolleyes:

Dave

Ken Ibold said:

Cool, nice ride, 'bout time.

Congrats Ken!

It's too bad you don't have any decent weather to try that new bird out. ;)

Ken Ibold said:

Thank goodness for that. I never did get a ride in the Citabria:mad:.

gibbons said:
I'll let Ken explain. I think it's between an A and a B. An "A prime?"
A prime, I like that. Or maybe A.5

It is a factory A fuselage, mated to factory B wings, with the engine pumped up to about 225 hp and certificated as experimental-amateur built. The prebuy/annual done by one of the leading Pitts guys around found only a few squawks, and those are being addressed now. I hope to actually have it in a week or so.

Dave Siciliano said:
Ken:

This seems kinna sudden. Did I miss the posts where you talked about trading planes for awhile :rolleyes:

Dave
It's been in the works for a while. And by the way, it's Chip's doing.

See, after flying his Extra at Gaston's, I knew I had to do some upgrading. And then at the National Aerobatic Championships last fall I discovered that a really nice single-seat Pitts could be had rather cheaply. I started looking at those, and then found this one and decided that the extra seat was worth the additional cost. And the guy who assembled this did a top-notch job and since then the airplane has not been thrashed around too badly.

Ken Ibold said:
It is a factory A fuselage, mated to factory B wings, with the engine pumped up to about 225 hp and certificated as experimental-amateur built. The prebuy/annual done by one of the leading Pitts guys around found only a few squawks, and those are being addressed now. I hope to actually have it in a week or so.

Sounds sweet! Give us a pirep after you get used to her.

Ken Ibold said:
It's been in the works for a while. And by the way, it's Chip's doing.

See, after flying his Extra at Gaston's, I knew I had to do some upgrading.

Funny, that. If you're happly flying a "regular" plane, I'd suggest not ever getting a ride in something like an Extra. It totally alters your perceptions and expectations of aircraft.

Ken Ibold said:
A prime, I like that. Or maybe A.5

Did you have any issues getting insurance with the "amateur built" part? More to the point, how do the "amateurs" who built it manage to sell the plane without being on the hook for the claims of any owners for the rest of their lives?

mikea said:
Did you have any issues getting insurance with the "amateur built" part? More to the point, how do the "amateurs" who built it manage to sell the plane without being on the hook for the claims of any owners for the rest of their lives?
No problem with insurance at all. It's slightly more expensive then the Citabria was, but the hull value of the Pitts is only half of what the Citabria was as well.

Back