Out of gas....really....really Detroit.

ChemGuy

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
ChemGuy
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016...power-line-that-falls-on-woman/5921467123523/

I hope the lady recovers.

I hope the reporter was wrong about the cause of the crash.

if not then....
double-facepalm.png

How do you run out of gas ,while doing a banner tow? Sometimes building time ,just isn't worth it.

The very same plane had a similar accident in 2010 while towing a banner. :(

Heard in several news that the plane ran out of gas. It's possible that they simply copied from each other... :p:D:cool:

Last edited:
I believe the same company had a fatal crash during a banner tow here in Iowa ~2010 as well.

OK. SO **** just got real.
The bystander who was electrocuted died. RIP.
If junior really did try to aviate using air as a combustion source.....man this may get really bad. Negligent operation of car causing death can easily turn into manslaughter charges. I would expect someone to try and do the same here.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...an-injured-detroit-plane-crash-dies/86796034/
I doubt it. If I run out of gas on the interstate and someone rams me from behind and dies I put the odds of being prosecuted at @.2%.

I doubt it. If I run out of gas on the interstate and someone rams me from behind and dies I put the odds of being prosecuted at @.2%.
Running out of gas in a car wouldnt be considered negligent. Texting while driving, racing around like and idiot, etc would cause charges, if you killed someone. I would equate running a plane out of fuel more to the later. But thats my opinion.

Assuming (and its not an out of line assumption) that there was no fuel leak, loss of fuel event, etc that caused the tanks to run dry, the as PIC running out of gas IS negligent, at least in this pilots opinion. If it was juts a mechanical then, that's bad luck. If the pilot didnt check and monitor fuel, ran dry, crashed and ended up killing someone, I would expect a very thorough investigation by the authorities. I would not be suprised if charges were pursued against the pilot, assuming fuel exhaustion was the primary cause.

Basically it sucks all around....

I would not be suprised if charges were pursued against the pilot, assuming fuel exhaustion was the primary cause.

Basically it sucks all around....

Who would prosecute something like that? The Feds or the state?

My condolences to the woman that died. It is indeed a tragedy.

Back