Out LOM's Way

Aztec Driver

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Bryon
Hey Phila folks. I went out your way today to take a new acquaintance up with his young son. I met them when I was sitting there a week or two ago waiting for the passengers for a charter. The son was really curious and wanted to look into and sit in the airplanes, so I let him climb into the Aerostar I was using. Talked to his dad a little and told him if I got into the area again with my airplane, I would take them out for a ride.

His son kept asking his dad if he called and asked me if I am coming soon, so I decided to go out on the fourth and take them up for a ride. There house lies right about on the line for the Willow Grove airspace, although I am reasonably sure I did not penetrate it. (I know, I know, if I did, I deserve whatever I get.) It actually doesn't show up on either AOPA flight planner or the Garmin 430W I have, only on the sectional chart, which I found odd. There was some chatter about someone asking someone to identify themselves, which if they were asking me, they should have heard me 10 times identify myself all around the airport, since I was continuously near the pattern.

Anyway, took them over their house, their school, which was conveniently located at the end of the runway, you know, the one they ask you not to fly over on final, and a quarry that the son wanted to see down into. Then we landed. Only about 15-20 minutes of flying, but the son really enjoyed himself. Maybe next time I'll actually take them somewhere.

Hey Phila folks. I went out your way today to take a new acquaintance up with his young son. I met them when I was sitting there a week or two ago waiting for the passengers for a charter. The son was really curious and wanted to look into and sit in the airplanes, so I let him climb into the Aerostar I was using. Talked to his dad a little and told him if I got into the area again with my airplane, I would take them out for a ride.

His son kept asking his dad if he called and asked me if I am coming soon, so I decided to go out on the fourth and take them up for a ride. There house lies right about on the line for the Willow Grove airspace, although I am reasonably sure I did not penetrate it. (I know, I know, if I did, I deserve whatever I get.) It actually doesn't show up on either AOPA flight planner or the Garmin 430W I have, only on the sectional chart, which I found odd. There was some chatter about someone asking someone to identify themselves, which if they were asking me, they should have heard me 10 times identify myself all around the airport, since I was continuously near the pattern.

Anyway, took them over their house, their school, which was conveniently located at the end of the runway, you know, the one they ask you not to fly over on final, and a quarry that the son wanted to see down into. Then we landed. Only about 15-20 minutes of flying, but the son really enjoyed himself. Maybe next time I'll actually take them somewhere.

I think that Willow Grove ceased operations at the end of March, if not they've had closed tower operations on weekends and holidays for a year or so, so there was no class Delta for you to bust.

By coincidence I was just playing around with the new Beta version of the AOPA planner and I noticed that Willow Grove is gone. I suspect it will be gone from the next revision of the sectional..

I think that Willow Grove ceased operations at the end of March, if not they've had closed tower operations on weekends and holidays for a year or so, so there was no class Delta for you to bust.

By coincidence I was just playing around with the new Beta version of the AOPA planner and I noticed that Willow Grove is gone. I suspect it will be gone from the next revision of the sectional..

That's even better.

This whole thing reminds me, I still have some grillin' tools I need to return. Where's a good place to leave them for Rob?

Back