Our Trip to Oshkosh

Radar Contact

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Kevin
Took a while to get to editing this but here it is for anyone interested in seeing it. @SixPapaCharlie was referenced for his record setting rush lake holding. You'll get to see an appearance of good old Red Neck Pilot (aka @OkieFlyer ). Thank you to @Jay Honeck and his wife for an excellent time at the Hopps party! It was great to meet the other POA's as well.

who the eff gives that video a thumbs down?!?! good to see ur lil lady is back.

All that effort, then to have to launch again for FLD? That just doesn’t seem right.

What day was this? Looked like later into the week, nice weather.
This was on Wednesday as they opened for arrivals. I tried to get the ATIS several times but they still had the previous day so I wasn't able to get the current parking. That being said, I was told by people in the North 40 that they had plenty of spots open and they had been departing for an hour so I thought it would be fine. Taxiing by the North 40 I could see several spots but the information wasn't relayed by EAA to the flaggers by the runway. As soon as I got tied down in FLD we shuttled back to OSH and I spoke with the EAA lead at the North 40 and he said, "oh yeah, we have plenty of spots you can go grab it and bring it over". Problem was I didn't want to take the several hours to shuttle back, pack up and try to get back before the show started. They also informed me that even though I already paid the $50 at FLD to tie down they would charge me again for OSH and not refund the FLD parking. I know in the grand scheme that's not a make or break amount but the principle of it (considering it was there mistake to begin with) bothered me. Oh well, still a fun time and hopefully next year I can get in there!
You should have told them you were unable to leave Oshkosh due to a defective flux capacitor!
Dang it...I should think quicker when I'm on the spot. That would have been perfect. :)

She said "with you".

Time for divorce.

:D
Ha ha. That combined with the occasional three point five (3500) and when looking for traffic she just says "looking" or "searching" as opposed to "negative contact"...Time to hire an attorney! ;)
I live the humming of your twin in the background- it’s so soothing. :D:):D
I agree...those big bore Continentals have a nice hum to them. :)

Co-pilot. Very attractive add to the video.

Great audio and pictures.

Are you based at KARR?

I've recently returned to POA. What do you do in real life? I'm amazed at all of these "young" folks fly My such nice aircraft. Y'all must be investment bankers or something.

Great video. Thanks for sharing.

I also saw the vid and enjoyed it! That would have frosted me a bit. I want to go to Oshkosh one year just to say I've been but I'll probably ride or drive there instead of fly.
I'm lucky to be a day-trip away by car, and I have friends south of FLD I can camp at if I want a longer stay, so I've never been overly tempted to fly in. But I should once, I guess. 15 years ago, starting my training,I was completely intimidated by the NOTAM. Now with videos like this and also from the Fisk POV, it makes it seem a little more doable - but it certainly seems to help to have a competent copilot on board, terminology aside. ;)

Took a while to get to editing this but here it is for anyone interested in seeing it. @SixPapaCharlie was referenced for his record setting rush lake holding. You'll get to see an appearance of good old Red Neck Pilot (aka @OkieFlyer ). Thank you to @Jay Honeck and his wife for an excellent time at the Hopps party! It was great to meet the other POA's as well.

Nice vid, Bro. Could have used more OkieFlyer in it though;)

I wouldn't have minded getting to spend more time with you guys, but glad I got to see ya for a little while.

Co-pilot. Very attractive add to the video.

Great audio and pictures.

Are you based at KARR?

I've recently returned to POA. What do you do in real life? I'm amazed at all of these "young" folks fly My such nice aircraft. Y'all must be investment bankers or something.

Great video. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Terry! We are based out of ARR. We are both controllers at Chicago TRACON. I wish I was an investment banker. :) Just read a few of the threads on here and you'll find out that twins are useless and cheap. ;)

Jokes aside, we are loving the plane and ARR is a great airport to be based out of. Small town feel but has a tower, multiple runways with lots of LPV approaches in all directions. Where do you fly out of?

Nice vid, Bro. Could have used more OkieFlyer in it though;)

I wouldn't have minded getting to spend more time with you guys, but glad I got to see ya for a little while.
Jaime and I were discussing this the other day...we both agreed we could always use a little more OkieFlyer in our lives!

Jokes aside, we are loving the plane and ARR is a great airport to be based out of. Small town feel but has a tower, multiple runways with lots of LPV approaches in all directions. Where do you fly out of?

I'm not Terry, but am from the area - at ENW now, but grew up near 06C, spent a lot of time bored on farms/hunting just north of DPA, and used to work out in Aurora (non-aviation). It's always cool to see locals putting out cool content. Back in '04-'07 I put out a few podcasts, but I wasn't on the cutting edge of video, so never really made much of a mark (other than networking a bit with some of that first wave of podcasters). Then the first kid came along and I fell out of flying until recently. Would LOVE to tag along/split fuel on a twin ride to a $100 burger sometime if you're ever looking for ballast. Just going to throw that out there. :D

Ahhhhh. You're both controllers! Now it makes sense. She's so smooth on the radio yet never asking for the controls.

Love the videos.

I'm with @Oblivion If you need some ballast, I'd throw in some fuel money.

Unfortunately, I can't be safety pilot anymore with no medical currently.

Jaime and I were discussing this the other day...we both agreed we could always use a little more OkieFlyer in our lives!

I appreciate the sentiment. Most people say the opposite o_O

if only that boy put out some videos every once in a while...……..

Man, I'm sorry. I have a backlog of video ideas, and no time to shoot 'em. When I get my house completed and sold, and get moved into the new one, I promise to redneck up.

Back