Our newest family member...

Greebo

N9017H - C172M (1976)
Display Name

Display name:
Retired Evil Overlord
Because I'm such a sappy person, I fell COMPELLED to share pictures.

Her name is Cleopatra (Cleo for short), she's 11 weeks old (born November 11th), and she's a Shetland Sheepdog, nicknamed Sheltie, 5.5 lbs at present.

The sheltie is a herding dog, extremely intelligent, very active. She learned the basic idea of "sit" after MAYBE half a dozen demonstrations on saturday, and retained the knowledge into sunday and monday.

Our two cats are... hiding a lot. ;)

We happened to be at the mall last thursday getting my wife's car worked on, and wandered into the pet shop. Dangerous territory indeed. But after spending a few minutes in the "play room" (I swear, the shop owners know they have you once they get you in there...) we called our family vet and asked about the breed and the shop in particular, and both got extremely high recommendations, so... she's ours.

Now I need to get flying again so I can have a flying dog. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0180.JPG
    IMG_0180.JPG
    1,021.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0185.JPG
    IMG_0185.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0190.JPG
    IMG_0190.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
Awww...cool doggie Chuck. :yes: We have two. A Golden Retriever and a Siberian Husky. We're dog people at my house. Congrates.

Cute dog. Have fun with the cats...
:goofy:

Well so far the cats have been pretty tolerant. She spends her time thus far either in the crate, in the kitchen under supervision, or outside. The cats have both been checking her out. One surreptitiously, and one comes and looks at her thru whatever bars are blocking her from reaching the cat.

This we see as a good sign so far. :)

(A bad sign would be that both cats stay in the basement forever and one fo them hides behind the furnace and makes that his permanent litter box...)

I would trim the cat's front nails regularily, until she is more grown up

Let'sgoflying! said:
I would trim the cat's front nails regularily, until she is more grown up
Ah, but one cat's claws is another puppy's instrument of education... :)

Cats will teach dogs who's really alpha, quite readily. :)

I remember when my 2 were puppies. I have a blk and a choc lab. Now they are 9 yrs old. Have fun when they are little, because they sure grow up fast.

Greebo said:
Ah, but one cat's claws is another puppy's instrument of education... :)

Chuck: They can do it fine but without a corneal tear $$$ if you trim the nails. Very common in pups. I hate those blind, 'blue' eyes.

Greebo said:
The cat in my avatar showed my dog, also a Sheltie now long gone, who was boss the minute she came home with me. :yes:

He probably outweighed her 30:1.

Back