Our Iowa boys,

Dean

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Dean
Is there an ag planes convention up there this week or what? We have had 7 spray planes in here this week for fuel as they head north. I felt sorry for the guy flying one of the turbine powered planes, that was the noisest thing I have ever been around, but it had POWER out the ***

there is a ton of dusters flying out of Atlantic, IA (KAIO) and other places im sure, for this month. theres a huge run on corn, sparying fungicide, and it has to go on after the tassels start to show but before they are fully out. soooooo the schedule is tight and there are lots of airplanes flying. Chris Jones is probably helping load chemical as we speak.

Smell that! You smell that?

What?

Pesticide, son. Nothing in the world smells like that. I love the smell of pesticide in the morning. You know, one time we had a field bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' weed. The smell, you know that chemical smell, the whole field. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

James Dean

Smell that! You smell that?
What?
Pesticide, son. Nothing in the world smells like that. I love the smell of pesticide in the morning. You know, one time we had a field bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' weed. The smell, you know that chemical smell, the whole field. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

James Dean
Aren't you a farmer? LOL!

Just joshing ;)

Yes.. Ton-o-spray planes in Iowa starting this week. The past two days we've done ~4,000 acres each day with our three planes (2-AT402's and 1-AT502). We currently have right around 100,000 acres worth of spray orders on our books with more coming in each day. As of this evening, we are about 9,000 acres "behind" - meaning there are 9,000 acres on our books that are within the growth window for application. So right now, we are only ~2 days behind. Once we get 3-4 days behind (probably starting July 5) we will start bringing planes up from the south. Our company alone will be running at least 7 Air Tractors ranging from 402's to 602's - no 802's this year. :(

Fun times!

Looks like one might be looking for his plane after a night of partying...

IDENTIFICATION
Regis#: 57600 Make/Model: PA36 Description: PA-36 Pawnee Brave
Date: 07/03/2007 Time: 0350

Event Type: Incident Highest Injury: None Mid Air: N Missing: N
Damage: Minor

DESCRIPTION
AIRCRAFT WAS FOUND OFF THE EAST SIDE OF RUNWAY 36 AT BELLE PLAINE, IA.

strange steve, it was just found. thats closer to me than Chris.

Back