Our East Coast trip

Dean

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Dean
We just got back from our trip to Cape May, we went out for Sam's USCG graduation. We ended up driving a from Missouri due to four of us going out and bringing Sam home with us. Drive time was 18 hours, but with the added stops for food, it took about 23 hours. There are some states that should only be driven through in the dark, I sure feel sorry for people in IL and IN, not much to see there. As we got closer to the coast I figured out why all of you pilots from out there got into flying, drivers out there really suck.:hairraise: I could not carry enough ticket books with me to cover all of the violations I saw. Its like a bunch of rats competing for the only piece of cheese. Cape May was nice, but a little cold and windy this time of year, people there were very friendly. We wanted son fresh seafood, so a local recommended the Lobster house, I went back to find him to see how hard he was laughing, but he was gone. If you ever go to Cape May, stay away from the Lobster House, I have had better fresh seafood in Kansas City.:yes:

On the way home we took the ferry across the bay and drove to D.C. Its sad to see so many homeless people in the Capital of the richest country. And I have never seen so many police officers in my life, there were at least two on every corner. But why does a U. S. Capital Officer need a $50K GMC Yukon Denali XL to patrol grounds with? I think a Trailblazer or something smaller would have done just fine, but thats just my opinion. Any way, we mad it home just fine, the only real down side of the trip was my youngest sons visit with a Virginia State Trooper, he woke him up at 4:30AM. And you know what they say about waking up a sleeping bear.:mad: So the trip is going to cost a little more than plained.

Back