Ouch

EHITCH

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Elizabeth
My brother sent me this one. Hope the attachment works, I haven't had too much luck with them.
E

EHITCH said:
My brother sent me this one. Hope the attachment works, I haven't had too much luck with them.
E

Dumb A$$. BTW, worked fine for me(the attachment that is). I don't know how he screwed that up, probably tried pulling too hard, but I bet he's uninsurable now.

Henning said:
Dumb A$$. BTW, worked fine for me(the attachment that is). I don't know how he screwed that up, probably tried pulling too hard, but I bet he's uninsurable now.

That video was posted on AOPA at least once. The result is (like a) dynamic rollover. To pull laterally with a helicopter the cable would have to be attached somewhere near the base of the rotor. Otherwise as soon as you start to tug, the drag of the load will quickly overcome the control authority. Very much like trying to power your way out of a nose stand with a taildragger.

I took particular notice of the vid when I first saw it since I once owned a boat exactly like that (never had it towed by a helicopter though).

Back