Ouch--mid-west wx

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
See the lo level prog chart for 12Z April 12.

Attachments

• ll_12_4_cl_new.gif
    ll_12_4_cl_new.gif
    71.6 KB · Views: 40
we're looking at 3-5 inches by end of tonight. woohoo.

amazing that two days ago I flew the glider 5 hrs, and now this...

Hedwig and the Angry Inch.

(By the way, by far the profoundly worst movie I ever had the ill fortune of seeing)

I've been watching that weather for a while, trying to plan a Friday/Saturday overnight. Went to bed on Monday and there was a lot of MVFR weather, but little or no IFR. I woke up Tuesday morning and realized that I wasn't going flying.

Hedwig and the Angry Inch.

(By the way, by far the profoundly worst movie I ever had the ill fortune of seeing)

You had to go in the back room to rent that one didn't you?

We supposedly got 1-2 inches. It was enough wet, heavy snow that my new snow blower barely got it off my driveway. I'd say it was 3-4 inches.

I had traffic backed up bumper to bumper on the road in front of the house until 11 AM. Also two short term power outages, which makes it kinda tough to work using your PC.

My new snow blowing technique still doesn't work that well. When you have a 75 foot wide driveway you need a magilla snow blower.

I think I have to resign myself to moving snow form the same area multiple times.

I also used up about every ounce of 2 cycle gas I prepared. How much you wanna bet that we get enough tomorrow that it forces me to mix and hang on to a full gallon until next winter.

Oh. The Toro that's GUARANTEED TO START? Nowhere does it say how many pulls it might take. Hot starts after fuel exhaustion are tough. The cold start was easy.

I'm gonna be so thow thore again.

Last edited:
Mike - say it with me...

Four

Wheel

Drive.

For these late season snows, I just forget the blower.

We supposedly got 1-2 inches. It was enough wet, heavy snow that my new snow blower barely got it off my driveway. I'd say it was 3-4 inches.

I had traffic backed up bumper to bumper on the road in front of the house until 11 AM. Also two short term power outages, which makes it kinda toughtto work using your PC.

My new snow blowing technique still doesn't work that well. When you have a 75 foot wide driveway you need a magilla snow blower.

I think I have to resign myself to moving snow form the same area multiple times.

I also used up about every ounce of 2 cycle gas I prepared. How much you wanna bet that we get enough tomorrow that it forces me to mix and hang on to a full gallon until next winter.

Oh. The Toro that's GUARANTEED TO START? Nowhere does it say how many pulls it might take.

I'm gonna so thow thore again.

over new years i was in MSP with leahs folks. by the time her dad got the snowblower started leah and i had the driveway scooped...

Another SNAFU for me.

This week is free yard waste pickup week in town. My pickup is Friday.

I planned on making a pass or two with a rake on my yards today or Thursday, even though I had landscapers do a $$$ clean up. There are still a bunch of leaves in the bushes and about a half dozen of the mysterious corn cobs (????) laying around.

So this morning I wake up to see the 3-4 inches of snow everywhere. The paper bag won't hold all that snow.

It's gonna cost me $1.50 now! :mad: *sigh*

Back