OT: My Sister the EXPERT! (motorsports)

terzap

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
terzap
My youngest sister (who I moved to Oregon to be with) "graduated" from novice to Expert racer status yesterday at Portland International Raceway! We had a good track day Friday and yesterday was race day. (I was both pit crew and valet and she didn't know how she ever went racing without me before, LOL!!) This pic is from the track day (we were pitted elsewhere for that) so she doesn't have her lower fairing on the bike, but from the inside track pits on Sunday I couldn't get any good pics. Sunday, she finished sixth and fifth in her races and left a bunch of guys more than half a lap behind her. WHOHOO!

(Of course her times were improved that day since I wiped all the bugs and excess grease smears off the bike to make it more aerodynamic.)

On topic, I am flying in a couple hours so off to get my stuff together!

terry, proud pit crew of Team L
laura.jpg

HPNFlyGirl said:
That is AWESOME!!!!! Its amazing how close they get to the ground.

She actually gets her knee on the ground sometimes, but I couldn't get a good pic of that. It's the first time I tried to take pics of motorcycle racing. :) She had her knee down Sunday while racing. It was pretty cool.

terry

Yeah, it's amazing what new tires and gyroscopic action will do. I've had mine low enough that I've scraped the foot peg.

That is very cool. Some sister!!

N2212R said:
Yeah, it's amazing what new tires and gyroscopic action will do. I've had mine low enough that I've scraped the foot peg.

On my bike..parts scrape in the following order:

1.) foot peg
2.) exhaust
3.) center stand

You are pretty low by the time the center stand starts grinding on the road. My tires right now suck bad though. I guess that's what you get for buying cheap tires...But I didn't want to eat through a set of good tires on my 2305 mile ride.

jangell said:
On my bike..parts scrape in the following order:

1.) foot peg
2.) exhaust
3.) center stand

You are pretty low by the time the center stand starts grinding on the road. My tires right now suck bad though. I guess that's what you get for buying cheap tires...But I didn't want to eat through a set of good tires on my 2305 mile ride.

Mine went more like;
.) foot peg
2.) exhaust
3.) center stand
4.) right arm
5.) right shoulder
6.) right hip
7.) back
8.) ride in ambulance

N2212R said:

Ever seen one of these do their stuff?
http://www.snomoto.com/photos/default.htm
Minimal gyroscopic forces to speak of. They can drag the pegs too without falling over. Ski bikes (no rotating parts at all) can do the same though they're usually run too slow to lean all the way over.

I don't like dragging pegs and avoid it like the plague. Scraping pegs is warning that I'm getting too close to hardware that can lift the rear wheel off the ground and lowside me. Ground hard. Me squishy even in fully crash gear. I cheeken. I don't go there.

Dean said:
Mine went more like;
.) foot peg
2.) exhaust
3.) center stand
4.) right arm
5.) right shoulder
6.) right hip
7.) back
8.) ride in ambulance

Mine was
1. faring windshield,
2. disc brake resevoir,
3. helmet,
4. head,
5. Vertebras C1 and C2
6. butt,
7. sissy bar
8. Ride in ambulance to first ER then to a second one that could handle my injuries
9. 3 months inpatient
10. 6 months out patient,

Back