Oshkosh question - transportation to other airports.

DFH65

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
DFH65
There is a really outside chance I may be able to catch a ride to Oshkosh but would need to leave on Thursday my niece is getting married Friday. So unless I can find someone heading back on Thursday who could slow down enough over Western NY so I could jump out (kidding) the other option is I could fly commercial out of Appleton.

How hard do you guys familiar with the show and the area think it would be to get a ride to Appleton on Thursday morning? Are there shuttles available?

there are buses & shuttles and one cab. check the airventure website for transportation options.

There is a really outside chance I may be able to catch a ride to Oshkosh but would need to leave on Thursday my niece is getting married Friday. So unless I can find someone heading back on Thursday who could slow down enough over Western NY so I could jump out (kidding) the other option is I could fly commercial out of Appleton.

How hard do you guys familiar with the show and the area think it would be to get a ride to Appleton on Thursday morning? Are there shuttles available?

There has been a shuttle between the grounds and Appleton Airport in the past. I would reckon it's still running this year.

I took it when I was flying out on Delta last time I was at Oshkosh.

There is a bus that goes to Appleton during the show on a regular schedule. I usually stay in Appleton and bus it to the show. Can't help you on a flight as I have a pax in my two seater.

Hey, folks, not to be a wet blanket but ...

There is a dedicated group for the Oshkosh show on this board, with people who have actually GONE to Oshkosh, BEEN to Oshkosh, and a few who LIVE in Oshkosh. Maybe we take this over to that group? Yes? Please?

Jim

There is a dedicated group for the Oshkosh show on this board, with people who have actually GONE to Oshkosh, BEEN to Oshkosh, and a few who LIVE in Oshkosh. Maybe we take this over to that group? Yes? Please?

Jim

You became the board hall monitor when? Is all this improperly placed communications shrinking your willy, or is it an OCD thing?

Appleton should be fairly easy from Airventure, ask around. The worst case it comes down to cab fare.

You became the board hall monitor when? Is all this improperly placed communications shrinking your willy, or is it an OCD thing?

Neither, jerknose. It was a very nice, respectable, request. Very unlike some of the crap you post in these groups.

A request is just that. Do it or not as you see fit.

Jim

I've flown into Appleton TWICE commercially. There's a coach bus that runs regularly from the airport to Oshkosh during the show. It's easy peasy. One time however, I just struck up a conversation with the guy sitting next to me who was going to the show but had rented a car so I got a ride with him.

Jim

You could always just flag the thread and leave a note for the moderator to move it to the other forum.

Jim

As I have mentioned before, I am prepared to make myself available as your leader and to help you manage yourselves. This offer is only good through this evening, then I shall withdraw it.

Looks pretty good that I will have a ride out there and on a sweet bird. Now just need to figure the cheapest way to get home on Thursday. Thanks for the info.

The bus is easy going back but frankly, even if it's not running generally someone can get you up there. I've made runs in borrowed cars to retrieve people from Appleton. If the field is open I might even be convinced to fly you up there.

Back