Oshkosh plans

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Who is going this year? How long are you staying?

Last edited:
Dr. Bruce sounds like you need some relaxation....you should have come to chat tonight...it was relaxation technique night tonight.....OOOMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

I'll be up there from the 21st, through the 31st.

If work allows I'm going and will fly in with the CPA group. My formation flying class is late Jul.

Last edited:
Flying out in a Bonanza on the 23rd into KSBM (I haven't confirmed that date yet) and flying back home on the 26th. I'll post again when/if I have any updates.

Jason

I'm driving the crew cab up and taking the pop-up. We are staying at the Circle R campground. Plan was to drive up on the 24th and return on the 31st. Now it looks like driving up on the 28th and returning on the 31st. If anyone needs a ride from the east side of MO, we will have room for 2 or 3.

I might go.

If so it'll be the second weekend.

I don't think that I'll be able to get an airplane in time, So I'll have to drive this year...I can't really find anyone that wants to go....probably end up camping..not sure.

I am going up on Sunday and coming home Thursday or Friday. I will be in the 195 area of the Antique/Classic parking. I will be meeting a bunch flying up from Kansas City in Madison. From there we will go as a group.

Diana, when are you leaving home?

Greg Bockelman said:
Diana, when are you leaving home?
Greg, I think I will fly up on the Friday before. I LOVE to watch the event wake up and gather energy!

Turns out we can't get a plane (though the FBO is still looking to see if they can work anything out), so we'll probably be driving from the southwest Chicago suburbs. Coming up Wednesday evening or Thursday morning, leaving Sunday.

Just confirmed that I can have the other seat in the Cessna, if the club board lets us (Me and a Co-Worker) take it for the week to Oshkosh. Will be there Sat to Sun, Don't know where I'll camp yet. He isn't going to camp by the plane so I may join him or camp by the plane. Decisions, Decisions... but at least I'll be there.

Anyone know where I can get information on the 172 en mass arrival? He wants to join in if it fits the schedule.

Missa

Missa said:
...Anyone know where I can get information on the 172 en mass arrival? He wants to join in if it fits the schedule.
I would guess that it's a little late to join in. We planned and practiced for many months for the Piper flight.

We'll be there Thursday through Sunday. We're driving and staying in Appleton.

all of the slots for the cessna group mass arrival are currently full. I think they have alternates left. BTW. I'm #13 on the list. I'll be camping with the Cessna group N318RC. There will be a small 3'x5' American flag flying next to my tent (If they allow it). Come over for a visit

Last edited:
I'll be there (flying commercially and driving) on the 24th and 25th. May end up giving a lift to a friend. Hope to see folks!

Not sure if I'll make it up there this year or not. Dad is in Brazil right now, so I'll have to wait till he gets back this weekend to decide if he's planning on heading up. If we go, it will probably be a 3 day long weekend flight up in the RV. Wife and her parents are doing RAGBRAI bike ride in Iowa that week, so they won't be attending this year.

If I make it up there this year, it is my goal to spend at least half of a day sitting on the flight line just watching planes come-and-go. :D

-Chris

Anyone have more updated Oshkosh plans? I'd be neat to meet up with a few other PoA members while those who are going will be there.

I'm flying out on the 23rd and will be stopping in KPHN (Port Huron) for a fuel stop before reaching our final destination, KSBM (Sheboygan, WI). We'll be driving the short distance between SBM and OSH to get to the show.

Looking forward to the show!!!

Jason

Last edited:
It is very unlikley I will attend. But if anyone is flying through the Chicago area and wants to stop by and have lunch or something let me know. BTW I am very close to the 3CK airport.

Diana said:
Who is going this year? How long are you staying?

I'll be arriving Sunday evening and parking N271G in the Cessna Base Camp. I'll be at OSH the whole week, but might have to trade the plane for the car on Thursday and move to Camp Scholler.

Looking forward to seeing some PoAers there! :yes:

flyingcheesehead said:
I'll be arriving Sunday evening and parking N271G in the Cessna Base Camp. I'll be at OSH the whole week, but might have to trade the plane for the car on Thursday and move to Camp Scholler.

Looking forward to seeing some PoAers there! :yes:
What are you flying and I'll try to find you

Hi Everyone
I am a newbie on this site, but have been flying since mid 90s. I learned to fly in Linden Mi 9G2 and did my IFR training in Flint. I am now based in PTK Pontiac where I am a member of Land O Lakes Flying Club. We have 25 members and two plane's, a Archer and a Dakato. I will be flying to OSH on July 23rd in my friends C172 and camping at Cessna's Base Camp N84392. I have been to Sun N Fun 4 time's but this will be my first trip to OSH. Im looking foward to the trip and get away from all the BS at GM where I have worked for 29 years.

Regards Mike

Last edited:
JRitt said:
What are you flying and I'll try to find you

N271G is a white C182 with blue and yellow curvy-swoopy trim. Looks new from the outside, but it's really a 1971. :D

I'll also be flying a microphone plugged into an iPod for a lot of the time, gathering material for The Pilotcast.

HPNPilot1200 said:
Anyone have more updated Oshkosh plans? I'd be neat to meet up with a few other PoA members while those who are going will be there.
The plans keep changing, but here's the latest we have planned. I'm flying the Skyhawk up to OSH solo on Friday, July 21st. Barb J. may join me on the flight to OSH as a flight of two Cessna 172's and we will both camp together in the North 40. IF Barb doesn't fly up with me, I may leave Thursday and stop to visit with friends in Illinois. :)

Tom will join us (driving up) on Wednesday with a 3-year-old and camp for a few days with us.

Now, here's a question for y'all. How do you keep from losing a 3-year-old at OSH amongst all those thousands of people? :hairraise:

When the girls were that age we used a child's body harness with a 6' tether. Cheryl was always at the end of it with no slack. Kathleen was rarely 2' from Mom back then.

http://www.smallplanetkids.com/

Some people use straps that attach to the child's wrist, but I don't recommend them. Too easy to injure a small arm/shoulder joint imho.

Diana said:
Now, here's a question for y'all. How do you keep from losing a 3-year-old at OSH amongst all those thousands of people? :hairraise:

The harness and a dog walking leash designed for a large dog works fine. But even with all the people around, it's never really "crowded" except at the flight line for the air show and the line for blueberry pancakes at La Sure.

If you don't have the gear, send me an email with a shipping address and I'll ship you out my harness and lead that I use with Ciara - I'm going solo to OSH this year and won't need it.

Diana said:
OK, I've been pondering this one...you're kidding, right?
Of COURSE I'm kidding.

I have never put any of my kids on a leash. There will be lots of walking, and the kid will get dog tired. Just have a stroller along and plop 'em in there when the need arises.

Ken Ibold said:
Of COURSE I'm kidding.

I have never put any of my kids on a leash. There will be lots of walking, and the kid will get dog tired. Just have a stroller along and plop 'em in there when the need arises.
A lot of smart Moms and Dads bring along the Radio Flyer red wagon to hold stuff - like tired and/or cranky kids.

I am attempting to get Friday the 28th off. If I can I will leave early on Friday morning and be there Friday / Saturday / Sunday. If not I will be there Saturday / Sunday. I will be camping there, will probably drive my car as it's pretty difficult to pack my bike with all the necessary items.

TMetzinger said:
If you don't have the gear, send me an email with a shipping address and I'll ship you out my harness and lead that I use with Ciara - I'm going solo to OSH this year and won't need it.
Tim, thanks so much for the offer! Since I'm going to be at OSH several days before they arrive, I may just look for something there.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to meet you at OSH. :)

Diana, I'll bring the harness along if you like, since you won't really need it until Day One, which is when I arrive.

-Tim

Back