Oshkosh Lodging

jdangel

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
JeffInBoston
Anyone have any advice for someone very late in the game trying to book Airventure lodging? It will be me and my Dad (retired non pilot).

I already took a look at the oshkosh convention page.

The private homes look appealing, but want to find something halfway decent and cant tell the good from the bad.

A motel/hotel pointer would be good as well based on past experience.

Looking forward to meeting as many of you there as possible.

Thanks!

Jeff

KBED

I haven't booked yet, either. You can find real rooms, especially to the north. You'll have a daily drive of 25-40 minutes to Oshkosh.

Try Appleton or Fond Du Lac. Call the motels directly.

Don't take my room. :redface:

The private homes look appealing, but want to find something halfway decent and cant tell the good from the bad.
My cousin has one that she was looking to rent out. Not sure if it's still available, or if they even decided to do it in the end. More info here: [thread]18687[/thread]

If you want to bring a tent, the local Y.M.C.A. rents out spots on their indoor soccer field. Dont know if they are still available but I reserved four spots last week.

A few years ago, the local college was renting out it's dorm rooms during OSH... Not sure how to get in touch with them, though... Chamber of Commerce?

Try calling the college or the EAA. When I worked through college, the dorms were rented out for a number of events during summer break. Room arrangements were through the organization renting the dorms. I had to prep the rooms & clean them afterwards- that's how I paid part of my tuition.

Show up with a tent... works for me. :D
I think I might upgrade my tent this year, though...:D

Most people who fly in and don't camp stay at the local campus dorms. Busses available from Ripon and UWM dorms.

Getting a motel room this late is more problematic. Several of the vendors and owner/type clubs block rooms at Fond Du Lac or Appleton. You may be able to pick up a room that isn't taken, but expect to pay a premium the week of Airventure.

As mentioned before, lodging information is available on the www.airventure.org website.

We are offering camping at Brennand Airport, as always, whether flying or driving. (79C, 10 nm north of OSH.) If flying in I believe the fee this year is $10/day and there will be transportation to & from the show. We always have a few planes each year, and recently a couple of the sport plane manufacturers have been using our airport as a base of operations for demo flights during the show.

This is a cheap lodging option and AirVenture is something like a 15-minute drive away.

I am going to set up wireless internet by the hangar.

Back