Oshkosh forums on line

cgrab

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
cgrab
At each of the Forums I attended they said it was being recorded. I missed some I would have liked to attend.

How do I find the audio of the forums I missed? I could not find them on the "airventure" website.

At each of the Forums I attended they said it was being recorded. I missed some I would have liked to attend.

How do I find the audio of the forums I missed? I could not find them on the "airventure" website.

They used to be recorded by Dave Yeoman (former EAA Director). When Dave passed on a couple of years ago I believe it was either his wife or daughter that took on the task of recording the forums. That's probably enough to google on to get started. I believe wife's name was Mary.

Here is a good start: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T_1CrGMrj8

Jim

Last edited:
They used to be recorded by Dave Yeoman (former EAA Director). When Dave passed on a couple of years ago I believe it was either his wife or daughter that took on the task of recording the forums. That's probably enough to google on to get started. I believe wife's name was Mary.

Here is a good start: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T_1CrGMrj8

Jim

With apologies to the OP for thread creep...Jim - do you fly to Oshkosh each year? Where do you usually stop along the way?

Sam

I'd be really interested if anyone finds these available online.

With apologies to the OP for thread creep...Jim - do you fly to Oshkosh each year? Where do you usually stop along the way?

Short prelude answer: I have been going through a "domestic realignment" over the past four years. My now-wife has only been to Oshkosh once but she had a really good time and enjoyed it. My then-wife has made it economically difficult for us to spend a great deal and it is $2K in fuel from the Left Coast to OSH in the 182. HOWEVER, that long-term then-wife nightmare is over and we can now look forward to stable domestic finances.

Having said that ...

Elko used to be my first gas stop, but the new FBO has priced fuel WAY out of the market. Wells is a perfectly wonderful gas stop, but there are no amenities but porta-potties in a shack.

Next stop is almost always Evanston. Great stop, fuel discount if you are going to Oshkosh, and a good overnight stop if you need it. Courtesy car and good folks.

Next stop is either Torrington if I think the next morning's openings are to the north through South Dakota or Cheyenne if I think I need to go through the underbelly to the south. Caution on CHeyenne. It is on I-80 and is either a day's drive from a big population to the west or a day's drive from a big population to the east. DOn't land and expect to find a motel room unless you've reserved it that morning.

From there you are pretty much on your own to pick your way through good gas stops (airnav is your friend) but I do recommend Portage about an hour out of Oshkosh to refuel, drain the personal hydraulic fluid, stock up on the great brats always on the fire, and a truly nice place to be.

Does that help?

Jim

Sam

Wow, do they come on 8-track too?

Seriously, downloadable MP3 would be much better... How do they get the PowerPoint presentations in an "audio only" format?

Wow, do they come on 8-track too?

Seriously, downloadable MP3 would be much better... How do they get the PowerPoint presentations in an "audio only" format?

I used to videotape mine (in the stone age era of VHS tape recorders) and send them out for free but haven't done that for my last dozen or so forums. I may just get back into that groove next year. The nice thing about digital video is that the presentations (I hate PowerPoint; pdf slide shows are much my preference) can be included as addenda.

Having said that, and with video cameras being so cheap, I'm wondering myself why we are stuck in the day of magnetic tape recording audio only.

But then again, I've wondered a lot about stuff at "the show" for many years without coming to a conclusion.

Thanks,

Jim

To continue the 'creep' if the OP doesn't mind...
Wells is back to reasonable as theirs is the cheapest within 100 miles. Currently $5.33. I've also stopped at KOGD but pricey.
Torrington is reasonable. KGUR is the cheapest in that neighborhood.
Then on to KEGQ for the night. Cheap fuel and easy ride into OSH in the morning. Terrific folks at the airport, put my plane in a hangar for nothing and loaned me a car for the night.
Valentine NE used to be cheap but not listed anymore on AirNav for fuel. Guy on a tractor mowing the airport gave me traffic advisories....love travelling small town America!

From the Facebook page Oshkosh Forum Recordings:

So it's not a browse and listen, you have to figure out what you want and then pay in advance. The problem I see is a couple of the forums were cancelled like the Kings talk on risk. I think next time I'll just drop one of those hand held recorders off at the forums I can't attend.

To continue the 'creep' if the OP doesn't mind...
Wells is back to reasonable as theirs is the cheapest within 100 miles. Currently $5.33. I've also stopped at KOGD but pricey.
Torrington is reasonable. KGUR is the cheapest in that neighborhood.
Then on to KEGQ for the night. Cheap fuel and easy ride into OSH in the morning. Terrific folks at the airport, put my plane in a hangar for nothing and loaned me a car for the night.
Valentine NE used to be cheap but not listed anymore on AirNav for fuel. Guy on a tractor mowing the airport gave me traffic advisories....love travelling small town America!

Thanks! When I flew to MI a few years ago, I was proud of myself for making it to Rock Springs from Mather for the first fuel stop (not IR at the time so I repositioned to avoid am fog). But looking at fuel price differences, I think the joke was on me!

Back