Oshkosh first timer

kujo806

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
kujo806
I am heading to Oshkosh for the first time tomorrow. We are drive-in camping and expect to get in about 9pm. I didn't buy a daily ticket for tomorrow considering we will be in late. Any tips on things to do when I get in? Do they have a discounted ticket to get in for the last hour or two? Should we just plan to hit the sack and be ready for Saturday morning? Any tips on where to start Saturday morning? I have a feeling I will be trying to find my way around the first half of the day.

I stayed for 8 days on each of my two Oshkosh visits and still never felt like I had figured it out. There is just so much out there and it can be overwhelming. Do you have a basic plan of what you want to do already? The Oshkosh app is a good tool to find out when and where each event takes place.

They generally allow people in for free at some point in the evening....7pm? This is speaking from years past, but I can't imagine they'd charge admission at 9pm.

Or you can look for discarded bands in the parking lot garbage. Hehe
Anyways, we just left today and it's insane how much there is to do and see. EAA app is very helpful and make sure you bring good walking/standing shoes.
If you have a spare $435 I can't recommend enough going on the B-17 ride. It was truly a lifelong dream of mine and I'm still smiling.
Oh, also bring a good backpack to carry all the goodies you'll pick up along the way.

Back