Oshkosh Data Page

weirdjim

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
weirdjim
The Oshkosh data page is posted at www.rstengineering.com and then to the Oshkosh-15 page. The available pages are shown in the image below. If there are any corrections, please get them to me right away so that I may make corrections.

If there is anything else you need, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks,

Jim

Attachments

• Oshkosh Table.jpg
    Oshkosh Table.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Your frequency page is a bit dated. Orion is gone (and that 122.95 wasn't their frequency anyhow). I don't think the 147.345 repeater is there anymore. I'm prett sure you won't find any r.a.h guys on 144.75 either.

Your frequency page is a bit dated. Orion is gone (and that 122.95 wasn't their frequency anyhow). I don't think the 147.345 repeater is there anymore. I'm prett sure you won't find any r.a.h guys on 144.75 either.

Yes, that's true. That's why I'm asking folks like you who have more recency of experience than I to do the corrections. I tried my best to find these frequencies from available online sources.

Roger on Orion. I'll remove it.

According to Fox Valley Amateur association 147.345 still exists, but I'll put it in parentheses until I can confirm that from another source.

We tried 144.75 because 52 simplex got a little busy for a couple of years. I can take it off because I doubt I'll see many of the folks with HTs on their belts any more.

THANKS FOR THE HELP. ANY AND ALL CORRECTIONS APPRECIATED.

Corrections may be done in this thread or to jim@rstengineering.com.

Jim

Last edited:
Frequency page edited with latest data.

My forum preliminary notes added.

Comments on holding pattern(s) edited.

Countdown timer added.
Comments and corrections are encouraged, solicited, and will be incorporated as soon as I get them.

Thanks,

Jim

We've heard teams on the Air 2 Air freq in the past, 122.750
Also, last year I think AirBoss was on 133.850

Wow, I listened to the "How Not To Arrive At Oshkosh" clip. That was brutal...

I heard one a few years ago that went like this:

BO: Oshkosh Tower, Bonaza 123FU, 5 miles south, inbound for landing
TWR: Do you have the NOTAM for the Ripon procedure?
BO: What?
TWR: Never mind, proceed straight in for runway 36L
(guess he figures it's better to just get this clown on the ground than argue with him).
BO: Which one is 36L?
TWR: (sarcastically now) It's the big one with the numbers on the end and the dotted line down the middle.

(of course quite a few years ago I was coming in and tuned the tower and it sounded quiet):

ME: Oshkosh Tower, Navion 27K are we doing the ripon thing today?
TWR: Yeah, but it's quiet, come right on in.

Is there a trick to the Oshkosh Bound Poster link?

Edit: Never mind. Got it working!

Last edited:
Is there a trick to the Oskosh Bound Poster link?

Yes. You have to spell "Oshkosh" correctly !! English major, eh?

:goofy:

(What was the trick to getting it to work. I can "untrick" anything on that page if it isn't plainly obvious how to use it.)

Jim

Yes. You have to spell "Oshkosh" correctly !! English major, eh?

:goofy:

(What was the trick to getting it to work. I can "untrick" anything on that page if it isn't plainly obvious how to use it.)

Jim
lol! Fixed that. God, I hate typing on my phone. Every year the font seems to get smaller...

The "trick" was to click on the link, not the screen capture of your webpage. I know, duh. ;)

lol! Fixed that. God, I hate typing on my phone. Every year the font seems to get smaller...

You know what p!$$@s me off??? The "cutesie" made up "names" for phone numbers like "dial 1-HOO-UPP-YURS" because guess what? CELL PHONES DON"T HAVE THE ALPHABET WITH THE NUMBERS. THe numbers all by themselves are hard enuf to read without having to translate from a landline phone with large numbers/letters.

Jim

I'm sure most people have these common frequencies, but I noticed them in the NOTAM, so I'll repost.

Oshkosh Arrival Frequencies
OSH VORTAC ...... 111.8
AirVenture Arrival ATIS ...... 125.9
Fisk Approach ...... 120.7
Oshkosh Tower North, RWY 09/27 ...... 118.5
Oshkosh Tower South, RWY 18/36 ...... 126.6
Unicom (Basler Flight Service FBO) ..... 122.95
Oshkosh UHF ...... 290.9
Green Bay Radio ...... 122.25

Oshkosh Departure Frequencies
AirVenture Departure ATIS ......128.75
Oshkosh Clearance Delivery ...... 119.05
Oshkosh Ground Control ...... 121.9
RWY 09/27 Departures Monitor ...... 121.75
RWY 18/36 Departures Monitor ...... 118.9
Oshkosh UHF ...... 290.9
Milwaukee Approach ...... 127.0
Green Bay Radio ...... 122.25
AirVenture Seaplane Base ................. 123.3
AirVenture Warbird Area .................... 123.9

Appleton Area Frequencies
ATIS ..... 127.15
Green Bay Approach ..... 126.3
Tower (5:30 am-11:00pm CDT), CTAF ...... 119.6
Ground Control ..... 121.7
Clearance Delivery ..... 124.25
Unicom ..... 122.95
AWOS (920-832-2597) ..... 127.15
Green Bay Radio (airborne only) ..... 122.55

Fond du Lac Area Frequencies
ATIS ..... 121.1
Temporary Tower ..... 120.4
Ground Control ..... 121.85
Unicom (CTAF when tower closed).... 123.05
ASOS (920-922-4444)..... 134.0
Green Bay Radio ..... 122.5

I'm sure most people have these common frequencies, but I noticed them in the NOTAM, so I'll repost.

Oshkosh Arrival Frequencies
OSH VORTAC ...... 111.8
AirVenture Arrival ATIS ...... 125.9

Gee, thanks for the "repost" but it isn't a repost. I have NEVER used the word Airventure in anything I have ever written, so at best, this is an edit of my work, which is fine. I just want it clearly noted that this is NOT the way I wrote it.

Thanks

Jim

Gee, thanks for the "repost" but it isn't a repost. I have NEVER used the word Airventure in anything I have ever written, so at best, this is an edit of my work, which is fine. I just want it clearly noted that this is NOT the way I wrote it.

Thanks

Jim

I'm reposting these from the published NOTAM. This is pretty much the way it is there with minimal reformatting by me.

I know there will be people interested in frequencies being used. This is probably not all of them, but they are the public ones that I think most people will be interested in.

You know what p!$$@s me off??? The "cutesie" made up "names" for phone numbers like "dial 1-HOO-UPP-YURS" because guess what? CELL PHONES DON"T HAVE THE ALPHABET WITH THE NUMBERS. THe numbers all by themselves are hard enuf to read without having to translate from a landline phone with large numbers/letters.

Jim

Screen shot from my cell phone taken just now:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20150717_151124.png
    IMG_20150717_151124.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 31
Back