Oshkosh and Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I’m glad to be rid of smallpox - worldwide - because of vaccines. We’d still have it today if today’s “reality is what I want to believe” nonsense had dominated back a few decades.

Again, we did not become a great nation by believing lies about science we wanted to believe - because of our politics. It will be our undoing.
To me the difference is with the small pox vaccine you didn't get small pox. With the Covid Vaccine, you still get covid. Whether it lessens your symptoms or not I feel is impossible to prove given how the virus impacts people so differently. I'm not vaccinated and didn't get it until a few months ago. I had been to several major events, rode public transportation, carried on with life as usual. What got me was standing in line at Jersey Mikes best I can tell. To me it was no worse than the flu. Other people seemed to be on deaths door. Get it, don't get it, doesn't matter to me. It's here to stay, at least until it runs it's course or they come out with a better vaccine.

Today's headline about Alex Jones and Infowars is a great example of a complete falsehood deliberately spread for political purposes. Set aside what kind of horrible person would do what Jones did. It staggers me that anyone could believe such a nonsensical claim in the face of massive evidence to the contrary.

And it is the same crowd spreading spurious claims about COVID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back