OshKosh AirVenture - Texas to Wisconsin

Stephen Shore

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
sshore
Well, hope everyone made it back safely from OshKosh. Here is my version of a trip. I took this trip with my 20 year old son Patrick. We flew to Madison to visit my 31 year old son and his family (and two grandchildren)! They then went up to OshKosh with us.

Spent five days there and saw alot of neat stuff - planes and avionics. Saw some spectacular flying as well.

Anyway, I am not a great Youtuber, but here is my version of the trip in my 1995 Commander 114B.

Nice vid.

I have an unreasonable love for how Commanders look and my only disappointment was not enough shots of the outside of your airplane! :)

Funny that you heard your CFI on the same frequency as you were toodling along IFR.

Commander sure looked nice and stable in your weather shots.

Bummer that your AP crapped out. Hope that doesn’t get expensive.

Let me re-phrase the text - "I heard my CFI's voice in my head" meaning that his guidance and teaching came back to me as I was working my way around those cells.

That definitely would have been something if I had heard him over ATC directing me.

BTW - my 20 year old co-pilot son made this video and edited it. I merely added the text. I could not have made a video like this. He did a great job with the two cameras.

IMG_20180715_191648637_HDR_zpsuiv30zp8.jpg

Nice vid.

Bummer that your AP crapped out. Hope that doesn’t get expensive.

Coming home from Oshkosh and you don't think my AP going out is going to be expensive?! After what I saw at the show, I can assure you this is going to be very expensive! Already "snowballing" on me. Going from an AP out to a full blown panel upgrade. Like pulling a string on a sweater!

Coming home from Oshkosh and you don't think my AP going out is going to be expensive?! After what I saw at the show, I can assure you this is going to be very expensive! Already "snowballing" on me. Going from an AP out to a full blown panel upgrade. Like pulling a string on a sweater!

LOL. At least you’re closer to the autopilot place in Tulsa at home than in WI, if you decide to get it repaired instead of the panel upgrade! :)

Ahh, yes. Repairs by Garmin. :rofl:

Back