Oshkosh 2009 Write-up

flybill7

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Bill
It took me awhile, but I finally wrote up my week at Oshkosh. I finished flying my Phase One hours on Tuesday and on Saturday was winging my way towards Oshkosh from Baltimore with a couple of RVs from Gaithersburg, Maryland. This was the first time I"ve spent the entire week at the show, first time camping on the North40 with a group, and the first time I've arrived by air in an airplane I built!

Enjoy! Link

Bill Cloughley

It took me awhile, but I finally wrote up my week at Oshkosh. I finished flying my Phase One hours on Tuesday and on Saturday was winging my way towards Oshkosh from Baltimore with a couple of RVs from Gaithersburg, Maryland. This was the first time I"ve spent the entire week at the show, first time camping on the North40 with a group, and the first time I've arrived by air in an airplane I built!

Enjoy! Link

Bill Cloughley

Thanks Bill.. Great pics. It was my first time flying my experimental into Osh too and I will remember it forever. I even saw a slight glimpse of it in one of your pics.. I had a super time, well except for the moment during the Monday airshow when it was called off and the announcer said " Hail is 10 minutes away... I swear I was looking everywhere for protection for my plane.. I will admit I even thought about removing the top of several dumpsters to place over my toy.. desperate people do desperate things <G>

Enjoy! Link Bill Cloughley

Bill,

I'm an avid reader of your blog...Always good stuff! Thanks for sharing the experiences and pic's.

Back