Osh logistics question

SoCal RV Flyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
SoCal RV Flyer
So, I'm flying in on Sunday the 23rd. My question is about event tickets/admission. Do I buy these beforehand, or do I land, get ushered to my parking spot in HBP, then walk to the front gate to get the pass/wristband/hand stamp or whatever?

So, I'm flying in on Sunday the 23rd. My question is about event tickets/admission. Do I buy these beforehand, or do I land, get ushered to my parking spot in HBP, then walk to the front gate to get the pass/wristband/hand stamp or whatever?

You don't even need to walk to the front gate. After you get ushered into HBC and shutdown etc. you'll walk over to homebuilt camping registration (much closer) where they'll give you the camping passes, admission wristbands, mug, etc. in exchange for a small fee :) It runs pretty smoothly.

Thanks, guys! I knew I could count on some Osh veterans for a quick answer.

Yep, the aircraft camping registrations will sell you everything you need: campsite credentials, admission wristbands, programs, tiedowns if you forget (but please don't). If you're in something other than GAC/GAP, you're inside the gates when you park anyhow.

Likewise, Scholler does the same thing. Pretty efficient operation over there the one year I camped there. You just had them your credit card and back comes your stuff. Don't even need to get out of the car.

Note that you will need your EAA number (you must be a member to camp). However, they got computerized a few years back so they don't have nay problem looking you up if you don't have your card (Or haven't committed the number to memory). If you don't have a membership, they'll be glad to sell you one.

By the way, I don't know how HBC handles things, but if you want your participatin plaque and mug in Vintage, you need to be a vintage member.

Thanks, Flyingron. I'll be in HBP; my friend's brother-in-law is providing accommodations in a camper on site.

By the way, I don't know how HBC handles things, but if you want your participatin plaque and mug in Vintage, you need to be a vintage member.
For homebuilt, our special interest organization is EAA . . .

I am camping vintage one night (Sat 22nd) then vintage parking thereafter.
Do I need to move the plane??

Nope. Anywhere you can camp, you can just park as well. We used to reserve a bunch of rows for people NOT camping but I think they're going to filled up with 80 cubs and 70 195's who are supposed to be arriving (along with swifts and helio couriers, 9 DC-3's and a bunch of Ryans).

Also if your plans are 100% solid, you can buy all of this stuff online and print out a page or three at the end, and just hand those through the many windows anywhere also. They'll smile and strap your wristband on you and hand you your pile of stuff.

Reminder: At least in Scholler (I forget whether this is a thing in airplane camping) if you do have to depart early, they'll process a refund for unused days as well.

I can't even think of any other event I attend that would ever be that fair about how they do business and I think it says a lot about the organization.

It's a different world at OSH. Anywhere else these days it'd be "we get to keep your money AND re-sell your seat..." see airline threads.

Back