OSH cell phone list

flyer

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
flyer
Did anyone use the cell phone list put together for OSH? My name and number was on the list and I didnt get one call. I tried to call others on the list while I was there and never could reach anyone.

Did anyone use the cell phone list put together for OSH? My name and number was on the list and I didnt get one call. I tried to call others on the list while I was there and never could reach anyone.
Some of us had some cell phone problems while up there. It made it almost impossible to communicate at times. When people called me my phone wouldn't even ring and it would go straight to my voice mail but I wouldn't get the messages sometimes until several hours later. The same thing happened to people that I tried to call. It was very, VERY frustrating. I finally found that text messaging was the most timely way to connect with people.

Sounds like a capacity problem with the local carrier. For those types of events they usually will bring a few COWS (Cells on Wheels) but even then there is little effect if the truck capacity is not increased. For a once a year even like that it may very well be cost prohibitive to make the necessary infrastructure changes. The local carrier will only make a little bit of money and all of the complaints will be lodged against the people's home carrier.

I could call one carrier's phones and not another's. And the phones would be sitting next to each other. Very bothersome for the first few days.

I did not get any calls. My cell phone worked for Monday and Tuesday. It was not working too good on Thursday and Friday.:lightning:

Any chance there was some jamming taking place by some underhanded carrier?

AT&T had some equipment problems (stack overflow somewhere, IIRC) that affected the OSH area, though it wasn't limited there. At least that's what I think I saw on one of the other boards. I cannot find the article now! :(

AT&T had some equipment problems (stack overflow somewhere, IIRC) that affected the OSH area, though it wasn't limited there. At least that's what I think I saw on one of the other boards. I cannot find the article now! :(

That was on this board in a different thread... Not that I remember which one!

You know, Mike, I didn't even realize that you were on that list, seeing as I didn't know your last name. Otherwise, I certainly would have called!

Although you know my last name, so why didn't you call me? ;)

Back