OSH 2018, What do you think?

Brennand was a cool spot either way, fun to check out these smaller airports off the beaten path
(still from video, pardon the quality)
View attachment 65702

Ah, Brennand. A 90-foot-wide runway with a 20-foot-wide paved centerline. :rofl:

My first Oshkosh was 1987 and I don't remember much about the amenities - I remember things like the Voyager, the Coors Light Silver Bullets team (a 4-ship BD-5J aerobatic act) and Leo Loudenslager.

But, I've been there every year since 2005 now, and the amenities have definitely gotten better. There used to not be any food at all in the North 40. The red shower building up there was the only one. There was only one (maybe two?) camp store in Scholler (there are now 5). Food was pretty much brats, burgers, burgers, and brats whereas now there are oodles of options on-field. I used to go off-site for dinner several times during the week, but this year I only left the field once (ran out of margarita supplies).

But, aviator heaven does continue to slowly improve year after year. EAA clearly takes the survey responses seriously, and they make changes every year to make the show run better and smoother and make it an even better experience for attendees. This was my 13th straight year of camping on the field all week, and I'm not gonna stop coming to Oshkosh until the first shovelful of dirt hits my face.

This was my first Oshkosh. I was over whelmed with it all - kid in a candy store! I figure I saw more aviation in 4 days than I have my entire life. I really enjoyed the outdoor theatre and the Spitfire movie. Warbird alley and the vintage areas were neat. Met some really nice people in Scholler and I felt the facilities were top notch. I am planning on bringing my family next time.

Attachments

• 20180723_195350.jpg
    20180723_195350.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 20180722_193246.jpg
    20180722_193246.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 22
One photo published so far! I got this photo of the Rat Cub.
43121452910_80edda186a_b.jpg

Back