OSH 2010 countdown

TMetzinger

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
Figured I'd start this thread - I just bought my scholler pass and weekly admission.

I'll be getting there on Sunday the 25th. Not sure if it's just me for the whole week or the whole family for a few days yet. Gotta wait to see how other things shake out.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Not sure what our plans are going to be this year. The Ninety-Nines conference is in Hawai'i this year. If we can scrape together enough $$$ to do that, we may not be able to afford OSH due to vacation time or budgetary constraints, at least beyond a day or two.

Not sure what our plans are going to be this year. The Ninety-Nines conference is in Hawai'i this year. If we can scrape together enough $$$ to do that, we may not be able to afford OSH due to vacation time or budgetary constraints, at least beyond a day or two.
You'll be missed at OSH, but I can certainly sympathize - it's hard to pass up on a reason to go to Hawai'i. OSH will be there in 2011.

You'll be missed at OSH, but I can certainly sympathize - it's hard to pass up on a reason to go to Hawai'i. OSH will be there in 2011.
Thanks. I know we'll go for at least a day or two. Heck, even when Leslie was recovering from surgery we managed a day by going up in the King Air.

If we don't do the camping thing, we can make the gear from last year available to anyone who wants to recreate the PoA compound, so we can maintain that newly created tradition. Remember, we decided that it makes more sense to buy the perishable foodstuffs in Oshkosh rather than bringing three coolers full of them with us!

I will be flying with Otis Air and 48 other Cherokees to Osh the Friday before. Yahoo!

NOOOOO!!!!!!! Osh just won't be the same with out the head cook!!! the bottle washers will have no direction and we will all just have to eat hot dogs!!!

Well. Even if you don't make it for more then a day you can come sit out in the compound.

NOOOOO!!!!!!! Osh just won't be the same with out the head cook!!! the bottle washers will have no direction and we will all just have to eat hot dogs!!!

Well. Even if you don't make it for more then a day you can come sit out in the compound.
Well, good(?:nonod:) news. We've decided that we can't afford the trip $$$$ to Hawaii, so we should be able to do Oshkosh!:drink: Leslie may be presenting at a conference the week before, so I may come out early on my own or we may be a day or two late, but we will be there.

Well that is good news.... sort of. We'll be happy to see you! Sorry to hear you're not going to Hawaii though.

I'm not sure if I'm going or not. My guess is probably not. I'll probably figure it out a day or two before it starts.

Y'all have fun now!

Figured I'd start this thread - I just bought my scholler pass and weekly admission.

I'll be getting there on Sunday the 25th. Not sure if it's just me for the whole week or the whole family for a few days yet. Gotta wait to see how other things shake out.

Looking forward to seeing you there!
Hopefully I will meet you this year, Tim. I did get to meet Grant last year.

Hopefully I will meet you this year, Tim. I did get to meet Grant last year.
And I enjoyed it, and look forward to introducing you to The Witch, aka Leslie!

(If you don't get that joke, do a search on "Grant Witch" on this forum.)

(BTW, keep volunteering!)

And I enjoyed it, and look forward to introducing you to The Witch, aka Leslie!

(If you don't get that joke, do a search on "Grant Witch" on this forum.)

(BTW, keep volunteering!)
I also looked at Hawaii but decided it was just too expensive. Looking forward to OSH. (And of course I am still volunteering!!)

I am so NOT gonna yell "Wake up, Witch" in the mornings (even after my wife leaves).

Ladybird, I'll be there all week - already bought my campsite and admissions. So just come down to the POA compound.

Does anyone else ever feel like "If I can just hang on until Oshkosh it's downhill for the rest of the year"?

...So just come down to the POA compound.

Does anyone else ever feel like "If I can just hang on until Oshkosh it's downhill for the rest of the year"?
Where is the POA compound? Last year I flew in and camped in row 518 in the north 40.
Probably won't be able to do that this year. Looks like I may be coming with a client and working. :fcross:

What we did last year was that the first known camper in the bunch staked out a large area, and we all moved in upon arrival.

As the day approaches I'll put together a list of who's camping and when, and we'll try the same thing.

I find Wings, 6Y9, Gaston's, and now WV62 are all a whole lot more fun. Then again, I hate cities, and Osh is too much like a city for me.

I find Wings, 6Y9, Gaston's, and now WV62 are all a whole lot more fun. Then again, I hate cities, and Osh is too much like a city for me.

I like all those things too, but nothing touches the show for utter amazingosity.

That's how many people feel about New York City, too. While I can agree with that point, it doesn't mean that it's someplace I really want to be.

I'm new to this Forum, but only a couple of months to go now until the big show!! I'll also be flying in with the C2OSH group! :D

For the first time in 29 years, Mary and I probably won't be attending OSH. We've just too much going on with getting this new business up and running for us to get away, dang it...

I don't know how I'm going to get through July, knowing that the North 40 -- the best place in the world, IMHO -- is open and available. :frown3:

For the first time in 29 years, Mary and I probably won't be attending OSH. We've just too much going on with getting this new business up and running for us to get away, dang it...

I don't know how I'm going to get through July, knowing that the North 40 -- the best place in the world, IMHO -- is open and available. :frown3:
I think the world must be coming to an end. First Diana and Tom won't be at Gaston's, now you and Mary won't be at Oshkosh!

I understand the reasons, but dang!:frown3:

Thanks, Cap'n and rottydaddy... I have a Siberian husky and she is the most beautiful dog ever born. She even flies with me! :smile:

No, no... my dog was the most beautiful dog ever born!! :mad: :D
I will admit, though, Huskies sure are pretty. Very bright, too.

Well, let's see a photo and prove it! This is my Nikki:

101_1179.jpg

Any more questions??

Yeah, lets here it for mass arrivals. Of course, we're going to have to do it from Fon du Lac, which is only about a five minute flight. Heck, when the first airplanes are landing the last won't yet have taken off. Oh well, it will still be a blast.

I will be flying with Otis Air and 48 other Cherokees to Osh the Friday before. Yahoo!

Yesssssssir! We're ready! Hopefully this year we'll be able to find the POA gathering that I've read about over the last few years. We'll be parked in the Cherokee's 2 Osh group.

Ya'll fly safe. I'm hoping to have a video camera on during the arrival and will post it up afterwards if the video quality is good.

I'll start collecting information for the cell-phone list in June. Didn't want anyone to think I'd forgotten.

I'll start collecting information for the cell-phone list in June. Didn't want anyone to think I'd forgotten.
We're planning on going as part of the Cessna mass arrival.

Just broke out the old checklist.

Pre
ð Pay bills
ð Deposit checks
ð Mow yard
ð Clean house
ð Wash dishes
ð Laundry
ð Call Lawyer
ð Call Dentist
ð Get Fuel Prices
ð Defrost Freezer
ð Charge cell phone

Flight
ð NOTAM
ð GAC
ð Charts
ð Flight Plan forms
ð EPIRB
ð Oil
ð Tools
ð Phone numbers
ð Computer
ð Update programs
ð Update databases
ð Jepp Programmer
ð Power cord
ð Fuel Prices

Airplane
ð Tarp for wing
ð Rope for tarp
ð Stakes for tarp
ð Stall Dam & aileron bumpers
ð Tape for bumpers
ð Stakes for Airplane
ð Tie-Down Ropes
ð Fresh Batteries
ð Oxygen equipment

Camping
ð 2 Tents
ð 2 cots
ð 1 air mattress & pump
ð 4 sleeping bags
ð Space blankets
ð 2 folding tripod chairs
ð 2 folding arm chairs
ð Flashlight
ð Folding Table
ð Sewing Kit
ð Whisk broom

Eating
ð Tuna fish
ð Canned Chicken
ð Relish packets, Mayo packets
ð Soda Crackers
ð Breakfast Cereal
ð Powdered Milk
ð Instant Potatoes
ð Canned Fruit (pull top)
ð Applesauce
ð Dried Fruit and Nuts
ð Tea Bags
ð Sun Tea Jug
ð Water Jug
ð 4 Plates
ð Bowl / cups
ð Plastic Forks, Spoons, Knives
ð FAA bottle holders

Clothing & Personal
ð Shorts
ð T-Shirts
ð Hats
ð Long-Sleeve Shirts
ð Sweater
ð Warm Sleep Clothes
ð Underwear
ð Dirty Clothing bag
ð Hairbrush
ð Toothbrush & toothpaste
ð Towel, soap, shampoo, shower shoes

Walking Around
ð Portable Chair
ð Back Pack
ð Water Bottles
ð FAA Water Bottle Clips
ð Sun Lotion
ð Foldup Raingear
ð Medication, aspirin, antacid
ð Sunscreen
ð Camera
ð Cell phone

I'm fairly new to this forum and would like to know if PoA has any usual meet-up plans during Airventure?? Dinner plans? Friar Tuck's and Wendt's on the Lake are popular choices. It would be fun to meet more people on this forum IRL! :)

I'm fairly new to this forum and would like to know if PoA has any usual meet-up plans during Airventure?? Dinner plans? Friar Tuck's and Wendt's on the Lake are popular choices. It would be fun to meet more people on this forum IRL! :)
Many of us go to the Babes n Planes dinner at the White House. Leslie and I host a dinner in Camp Scholler one night. (Last year she made Jambalaya). And we've been known to use cellphones to put together a lunch meetup on the grounds and a dinner at Robbins.

I will not, as I will only be out for the Friday and Saturday nights. I will assemble the cell-phone list starting in early July.

I hope to catch up with some of you during the limited time I'm out there. I know I'm going to miss Leslie's cooking.

Pre
ð Pay bills
ð Deposit checks
ð Mow yard
ð Clean house
ð Wash dishes
ð Laundry
ð Call Lawyer
ð Call Dentist
ð Get Fuel Prices
ð Defrost Freezer
ð Charge cell phone