OSA - AASI - Compliance Report

labbadabba

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
labbadabba
I have SI for OSA and every year my AME would re-up the SI using the AASI form and a compliance report from my sleep doc. He wouldn't do a full medical unless it was about to expire, he was just nice enough to help me take care of it quickly.

My AME has since retired. I know this is something I can self-report with the compliance letter in-hand but I'm not exactly sure how.

I'm not going BasicMed for various reasons.

Anyone know what to do here?

Thx

That was a nice AME, I'm sorry he retired on you! Regarding your question, I don't follow? You should be able to fill out your 8500, take the materials from your sleep doc and your SI authorization letter from the FAA to any AME. The 8500 should look like the previous 8500's other than any new conditions and/or physician visits.

I would definitely discuss this with the new AME before submitting the 8500 online!

I have SI for OSA and every year my AME would re-up the SI using the AASI form and a compliance report from my sleep doc. He wouldn't do a full medical unless it was about to expire, he was just nice enough to help me take care of it quickly.

My AME has since retired. I know this is something I can self-report with the compliance letter in-hand but I'm not exactly sure how.

I'm not going BasicMed for various reasons.

Anyone know what to do here?

Thx
Two ways to handle it: go to another AME so he or she can issue in office (no physical or MedExpress required if your Class xxx is not due), although you might get charged for the time involved. Or mail it all to OKC and wait.

I do option #1.

ANY AME can handle this. Even if you don't need an exam (though some will insist, which is just nutty) and it's the off year.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back