Orleans County NY Experimental, 5/29, 2 dead

Wreckage 1500’ apart? For some reason I think it did come apart in flight. Then comes the question of build quality or over stress of some sort.

The Doc was in some legal trouble, but it said he was a passenger. The builder was the pilot.

Here is a file picture of aircraft type, not the actual N number of accident plane.

40416314-EC79-47B0-91F2-2B0C54188D64.jpeg

Wreckage 1500’ apart? For some reason I think it did come apart in flight. Then comes the question of build quality or over stress of some sort.

The Doc was in some legal trouble, but it said he was a passenger. The builder was the pilot.

Here is a file picture of aircraft type, not the actual N number of accident plane.

View attachment 117650
Yeah, I read one story but the URL was wonky, so I grabbed another, which I didn't read beyond verifying it was the same guy.
The pilot "bragged about building the airplane himself" according to another story.

That's a twist even Hollywood couldn't come up with. Terrifying way to go. Never heard the expression "going west" used like that before...

View attachment 117650
1500 ft is more believable than 1500 yd.

Back