ORLANDO FLYING CLUB - GREAT RATES

mcoflyer

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
mcoflyer
Check out this really valuable flying club. Airplanes are maintained really well and the rates are GREAT!

C172N = $58 per tach hour dry
C172P = $63 per tach hour dry
C172R = $80 per tach hour dry

Club located at KORL. SS fuel on the field is $5.80, but at KLEE (30 miles away) it's only $4.25 per gallon.

Average of 7 gallons per hour on the N & P models at 2400rpm or you can reduce it to about 6 gallons per hour at 2200 rpm. You end up paying $80-$85 per hobbs hour for the airplane rental. By leaning it out and cruising a bit slower i've gotten the cost down to $75-$78 per hour!!!!

Check it out:

ORLANDO AVIATORS FLYING CLUB

Ft myers flying club is similar. $65/hr + 4.99 fuel for a 172sp or pioer archer.

Yup! There's several flight school around Orlando that I looked at and they all want $140-$150 per hour for a C172. Talk about a waste of money!!!

Thanks for posting.
The 172P is what I fly regularly in Houston. But Florida is my "home" and I can't wait to move back. In the meantime, I go there three to four times a year,so I sent them an email to see if they would let me be a member.

Appreciate the post.

172 w/180HP
$60/hr wet
Bozeman, MT

Your rates aren't bad either though.

Hey Lynn

To be a member you just have to get a checkout with one of the CFI's and then it's a $50 per month fee when active, and I think $10-$15 if inactive.

Availability is also pretty good for the airplanes.

I am going to be there in late November and early December, I may do this. My problem would be staying current with a club plane. I am working on my IR now.

Thaks for the info.

Hey Lynn

To be a member you just have to get a checkout with one of the CFI's and then it's a $50 per month fee when active, and I think $10-$15 if inactive.

Availability is also pretty good for the airplanes.

If C-172s are your bag, there is another club based out of Showalter, aslo at KORL. Orlando Club Flying has 2 C-172s: a C-172C and a C-172K. Both are IFR equipped (albiet a little lightly for hard IFR, but good for training). Prices are (if memory serves) $62.50 tach hour for the C, $72 tach hour for the K. Those are member prices.

PM me for contact info if interested.

John

That's why I moved down from NY a few months ago. Having gas at $4.25 per gallon just 30 miles away is very attractive.

I went up the other day and got 8.1 on the hobbs but paid only for 6.4 on the Tach. Burned about 6 per gallon. Would have been lower but had to get up to 12,500 for some time to avoid the clouds and went from cruising at 2,100rpm to 2,400rpm up there.

Ok you got me...6 gallons per hour. LOL!

Back