Orlando Area Aircraft Rentals

Avi8tor81

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Avi8tor81
Does anyone have any recommendations for places to rent aircraft in the Orlando area? I have only looked at a few at ORL so far, but they had very restrictive rules (no touch and go's, short list of approved airports, maximum 5 knot crosswind component, etc...). I live near MCO, and would like to find something within an hours drive.

The place down at KGIF had some nice looking rigs last time I was there, I can't comment on them though.

Last edited:
I don't have personal knowledge, but here are rentals and flying clubs out of Kissimmee and Sanford too. I'd use the airport information from AOPA, if you're a member. You can check Airnav too.

Short term or long term (as in "I'm visiting the area and want to take a few flights." or "I live here and will be renting for years.")? What kind of aircraft?

I belong to Orlando Club Flying which has 2 C-172's. Restrictions are an annual BFR or equivalent, and a checkout for night flight separate from the normal checkout. Grass (as long as it's on the sectional) is OK. Crosswind is encouraged (although with the chief instructor first).

C-172 C - $65 tach hour dry.
C-172 N - $75 tach hour dry.

1 flight hour/month use it or not, plus $130 maintenance fee.

Based at KORL.

John

Looking to hire a pilot to fly from mco to Bimini

Back